Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Anyone else find it odd that most of the new stock is the 'gray' model?

Not this past Friday, but the one prior Best Buy had two grey in stock when I was there looking for a case. I was there for 30 minutes or so and no one had grabbed them yet. I have not seen any neon versions anywhere other than my pre-order.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I tried to get a Switch yesterday, before the special at Gamestop ran out (an extra $25 in trade when you trade an old system for a new system). Was unsuccessful.

Gamestop is ONLY selling Bundles, at this point.

The only Switch around was at Walmart, and they had the Neon one. I wanted the Gray one.

I went to a Gamestop I don't frequent much, and they said only the Bundles were available. I asked if they had one to take with, they said no. They then said it comes with MK8 and BOTW and was $500. I told them I didn't want to spend that much and only wanted a couple of the download-only games (Snake and Fast Racing).

They then got hostile towards me.

The last time I'm at that Gamestop.

I ended up going to the Gamestop I frequent, where they are very nice, and got a PSVR system, as after my trades and coupons, that came out to $300 (had to buy the camera for $40 elsewhere - pricematched Amazon).

Bad taste in my mouth with trying to get a Switch.

Will have to get one much later when there are more games and they are available everywhere...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Anyone else find it odd that most of the new stock is the 'gray' model?

I was at Target this morning and they had just gotten in today 5 of the gray and 5 of the Neon.

This was the one I frequent and worked at a few holidays ago. Everyone there is really nice to me and the person at Electronics knows me from working there.

So, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the gray one, even though I just spent big bucks on a PSVR.

I was tempted to upgrade my PS4 Slim to a PRO anyways, but this is better since the Switch is a new system.

I will wait till the PS4 PRO is slimmed down (probably at the PS5 launch).

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
I was at Target this morning and they had just gotten in today 5 of the gray and 5 of the Neon.

This was the one I frequent and worked at a few holidays ago. Everyone there is really nice to me and the person at Electronics knows me from working there.

So, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the gray one, even though I just spent big bucks on a PSVR.

I was tempted to upgrade my PS4 Slim to a PRO anyways, but this is better since the Switch is a new system.

I will wait till the PS4 PRO is slimmed down (probably at the PS5 launch).

I noticed the neon one popping on stock tracking websites too. Kinda disappointed I couldn't get one, and "had to" settle for a gray one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.