Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
How do you plan to transition from your ATT SIM w/ Unlimited to your new Air 2?

I suppose we could just switch the SIMs out -- I'm wary of a technical "snafu" with Apple's Universal SIM forcing us out of our unlimited plans...

Apple163

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
I have alway used the link below to log into my unlimited Att iPad account to update with new device information. Once logged in then go to "edit user & payment information". Once on that screen select update device information and put in your new IMEI and ICCID. You are then good to go.:)

https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/Logout

veryangrybirds

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
its simple

How do you plan to transition from your ATT SIM w/ Unlimited to your new Air 2?

I suppose we could just switch the SIMs out -- I'm wary of a technical "snafu" with Apple's Universal SIM forcing us out of our unlimited plans...

All you have to do is go to
Settings > Cellular Data > View Account on your new Ipad
Just put in your ATT login credentials and you are set.

You can also use att.com/ipadlanding or https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2002
I currently have an iPad 3 with ATT unlimited LTE. Preordered an iPad Air 2 today. I see the transfer tools posted above and I know they will work. I am considering possibly trying to sell my unlimited data SIM card in the near future though. Not 100% positive on selling it, but considering it. My question is, if I transfer the unlimited to the iPad Air 2 and the Apple SIM will I be able to transfer it back to the ATT SIM card later on if I decide I no longer need the unlimited data?

Thanks!
Macaddict16

TECHNOLOGE

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
All you would need to do to transfer over the plan is smple.

1. Go to Att.com/iPadlanding

2. Login with your email and password.

3. Click (Edit User & Payment Information

4. Click Update Device Information

5. Change IMEI number & the ICCID (Which is the Sim Card Number)

6. Turn your iPad on and then back on, you will se the 4G symbol at first and then after one minute or two you will see LTE (If your covered)

Then you should be good to go.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
All you would need to do to transfer over the plan is smple.

1. Go to Att.com/iPadlanding

2. Login with your email and password.

3. Click (Edit User & Payment Information

4. Click Update Device Information

5. Change IMEI number & the ICCID (Which is the Sim Card Number)

6. Turn your iPad on and then back on, you will se the 4G symbol at first and then after one minute or two you will see LTE (If your covered)

Then you should be good to go.

No.

All you have to do is log in your new iPad with your user ID and password you setup your AT&T account, and it just transfers over automatically. No IMEI, no SIM card swap, nothing. It's been this easy for a couple of upgrade cycles now.

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia
No.

All you have to do is log in your new iPad with your user ID and password you setup your AT&T account, and it just transfers over automatically. No IMEI, no SIM card swap, nothing. It's been this easy for a couple of upgrade cycles now.

This is what I have always done and it has worked fine with no problem.

A lot easier than entering IMEI number & the ICCID.

TECHNOLOGE

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
No.

I recommend doing it that way because ATT has been upgrading the system, and a few things that was ok to do then, may not be ok now.

Remember you was able to put any password combination into the password field, and now they changed to where as it would include a special character and requires a certain number of characters.

That transfer option "TO ME" is not safe and I would not risk losing my Unlimited Plan Doing it like that, that's why recommended doing it through the att.com/ipadlanding.

It's the safest way to do it.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
That transfer option "TO ME" is not safe and I would not risk losing my Unlimited Plan Doing it like that, that's why recommended doing it through the att.com/ipadlanding.

It's the safest way to do it.

Not sure what safe means. I've transferred twice already (or has it been three times) and never had to swap sims or enter IMEI numbers. I remember the AT&T landing page a while back, but the last couple of times it has been a simple login on the new iPad.

TECHNOLOGE

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
Not sure what safe means. I've transferred twice already (or has it been three times) and never had to swap sims or enter IMEI numbers. I remember the AT&T landing page a while back, but the last couple of times it has been a simple login on the new iPad.

Safe meaning, to make sure your iPlan is still on the account, you can do it either way, I just prefer to do it myself through the Landing page.

Webqueen

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Transferring unlimited data to iPad Air 2

I restored my new iPad Air 2 with the back-up of my current iPad Air.

When I picked the cell data option I picked ATT and logged in. It then asked me how I wanted to buy data and the third item on the list was to "transfer data (or account, I forget which) from another device."

I picked that and it found the ATT data plan on my current iPad and it disappeared from that one and showed up, after a bit, on the new iPad Air 2 transferred to the new SIM. It took some time to initialize-- a couple of minutes.

For some reason I could not check the account info on the iPad itself (I was given a phone number to call) but I went to the ATT iPad landing page, logged in, and could verify that the phone number on the iPad Air 2 matched that on the Web site and the data type was still the "unlimited data" option.

The process was easy and all is well.

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
I just ended up moving the SIM from my Air 1 to my new Air 2. I didn't want to end up burning the Apple SIM... seems to be working fine so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.