Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
As you know the case is where you should put your airpods after you use them to ensure that we don't lose them. But after running and working out the past few days with them, sweat as well as moisture will inevitably get on the airpods.

I am confident that these airpods will withstand the moisture/sweat of physical activity. But I wonder about immediately putting them back into the case right after use.

What are people doing after they workout with their airpods?

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I recently washed my earpods (the free ones, not airpods) and they worked perfectly fine afterward. I bet the airpods are also somewhat water resistant too. Maybe just dry off the metal rings at the bottom just to be safe?

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
As you know the case is where you should put your airpods after you use them to ensure that we don't lose them. But after running and working out the past few days with them, sweat as well as moisture will inevitably get on the airpods.

I am confident that these airpods will withstand the moisture/sweat of physical activity. But I wonder about immediately putting them back into the case right after use.

What are people doing after they workout with their airpods?

I don't think that will really be a problem. The case isn't sealed airtight so if some moisture slips in it'll eventually dry out on its own. A simple wipe with a t-shirt is sufficient if you want to be extra careful.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Most likely I'll wipe them off to get rid of my salty sweat, and then just pop them in the case. I'm worried about losing them in transit if they don't always live in the case when they're not in my ears.

I was super impressed with the washer/dryer cycle that guy did with them. Including detergent. And soaking them in a foot or so of water for an hour too. Makes me feel better about using my $160 earbuds for running now.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
I was super impressed with the washer/dryer cycle that guy did with them. Including detergent. And soaking them in a foot or so of water for an hour too. Makes me feel better about using my $160 earbuds for running now.

I also took note of the washing demo.

I sat in a jacuzzi with this attached strap so that I can keep the Airpods firmly in my ears and out of the water.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Ea...162709?hash=item3f708bff55:g:4oEAAOSwa~BYQOJj

I forgot to wipe any moisture from the Airpods before returning them to the case.

No issues so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.