Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adib

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Singapore
Anybody is using the Corsair TBT100 Thunderbolt dock? What's your thoughts on it?

It looks like the dock ticks all my needs:

• 85 watt power delivery
  • 2 HDMI 4K@60
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • 2 USB-C downstream ports.
  • 2 USB-A downstream ports.
  • SD Card
  • Headphone jack.
It lacks a downstream Thunderbolt port though. But I still have three more of that in case I need it.

The device costs significantly less than the Caldigit TS3 plus (asking price is about USD 281 in my area).

I wonder how it performs in the real world? What's the pitfalls? How reliable it is?

Last edited:
Reactions: NatatorD

NatatorD

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2022
I've been very impressed with mine, with one of the latest MBPs and an LG screen ... until this week, when I've run into a couple of small problems:

1: If you plug one of the Apple Magsafe chargers, the round one for phones, it doesn't charge the phone at all. Have tried both USC-C outputs. Not overly impressed with that I admit. Can get around it by inputting power directly, rather than through the dock, so though it would be nicer to power the way I want it really isn't a deal killer.

2) I have a small soundbar I put under the monitor. This has audio input (3.5mm jack), which comes out of the 3.5mm jack on the dock. It also has USB-A input for power. If I try and take the power off the dock I get awful interference on the speaker. I'm still looking into this but it seems to be ok if I power it directly, rather than via the dock. Don't take this as a negative though as it may well be the speaker's problem, rather than the dock.

Overall I'd give it 4/5 stars. It loses the star due to the Magsafe issue, but overall I'm fairly happy with it and build quality seems excellent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.