Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigheaddoug

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
Hi everyone. I got in my car this morning and noticed that the SiriusXM CarPlay app. It seems pretty different from the previous version to me. For example, it is suggesting channels I would never listen to and I can't seem to find the old "Favorites" button.

I realize that this may just be me who is having issues with the new version, so I thought I would drop by here and see what others have to say.

Thanks in advance. Happy holidays.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi everyone. I got in my car this morning and noticed that the SiriusXM CarPlay app. It seems pretty different from the previous version to me. For example, it is suggesting channels I would never listen to and I can't seem to find the old "Favorites" button.

I realize that this may just be me who is having issues with the new version, so I thought I would drop by here and see what others have to say.

Thanks in advance. Happy holidays.

I hate it. The icon is ugly, and the layout of the app is totally redone and it's pretty much impossible to find what I want at a glance... have to dig through the options... "Favorites" is gone and there's nothing that I've found to replace it yet... it's bad enough on the phone, but in CarPlay it's just down right dangerous to use.

It's not a huge thing for me, as I don't use it that much... we have SiriusXM on my wife's car so she uses the built-in app on the radio... I have it on my phone for occasional use in CarPlay and for the Alexa units in our home.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigheaddoug

bigheaddoug

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
Your situation sounds identical to mine. My wife does not need the app but I do, but then, I don’t use it much. Thanks for clarifying that I am not alone.

• Haha
Reactions: AZhappyjack

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I browsed the app when I saw it was updated with a new icon. Definitely a far less great experience compared to what it used to be. Granted, I really only use the iOS app via CarPlay when I rent a car and do not want to pay additional for SiriusXM. Otherwise, I use the built-in SiriusXM that’s in my vehicle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.