Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EEzycade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I was watching the keynote but had an appointment I needed to get to. I missed the segment about Catalina. However, I went to their website and looked at the page describing all the new features. I watched the Voice Control video and loved it. Awesome! I think Apple nailed it. The reason I will use it is I am disabled and live in a power wheelchair. I have a muscle disease so at times moving my hand from the keyboard to the mouse is extremely fatiguing. I think this feature will be great for my workflow. I have my issues with Apple but.. kudos to them for including everyone. The Apple we know and love stumbles at times, sure. But I'm sticking with them for a variety of reasons(this included) Anyways, those are my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

david.ferrett

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2019
I was watching the keynote but had an appointment I needed to get to. I missed the segment about Catalina. However, I went to their website and looked at the page describing all the new features. I watched the Voice Control video and loved it. Awesome! I think Apple nailed it. The reason I will use it is I am disabled and live in a power wheelchair. I have a muscle disease so at times moving my hand from the keyboard to the mouse is extremely fatiguing. I think this feature will be great for my workflow. I have my issues with Apple but.. kudos to them for including everyone. The Apple we know and love stumbles at times, sure. But I'm sticking with them for a variety of reasons(this included) Anyways, those are my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Nice comments. I am also playing with it (Beta 1) but now it looks like its removed from beta 2. It worked pretty well, as I am looking at it for my wife who also has a disease that has left her unable to use her arms or legs. Voice Control looks very promising and looks to be much better than what Windows currently offers.

Reactions: harriska2

mainemini

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2014
Maine
I'm looking forward to using Voice Control for dictating instead of typing but the interface for adding vocabulary to the custom dictionary only allows entering one word at a time instead of cutting and pasting word lists etc.

I found the dictionary, com.apple.SpeechRecognitionCore.Vocabulary.plist , in Library>Preferences and can read it with Plist Editor but haven't figured out how to add word lists. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.