Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CNebs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Western PA
I have a Nanoleaf Essentials LED Strip and picked up an AirVersa AP2 (Air Purifier) and both use Thread. The Nanoleaf as usual has been No Response for a week or so, even after restarting everything. When I added the AirVersa I also decided to factory reset the Nanoleaf and add them back through the Home app. The AirVersa first connects via BLE and then takes a few minutes over Thread. For Thread connections I have two HomePod minis and a 2nd Gen  TV. The AirVersa will show connected for a few minutes through the Home app and then it will also go to No Response. Eve app even shows both devices unreachable over Thread and the native apps for both devices report the same. For my home network I have a eero Pro 6, but I turned off Thread. I noticed after multiple attempts of restarting, removing and adding the devices back through the Home app, same with the native apps and minutes later they all show No Response. This morning while away I noticed that those devices are available remotely, apps show them available, and Eve reports them reachable over Thread. Come onsite with my iPhone 14 Pro and they go back to No Response. Go off the network with my iPhone and back to reachable. Go back without my iPhone and if you try to control with the HomePod minis they say unreachable. Is this an issue of 16.3 and the new HomeKit architecture? Anyone else experiencing this? Curious what a fix might be or just wait to see if there is an update in the future?

iPhone 14 Pro - 16.3
2nd Gen  TV - 16.3
HomePod minis - 16.3
Nanoleaf & AirVersa device hardware on current firmware and updated iOS apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.