Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I have subscribed to the Photo of the Day threads (Digital Photography forum) for years... and suddenly I cannot locate the June 2023 thread... I posted daily through yesterday, and can only access that thread by going to my past "likes" and clicking on the link there... but it no longer shows up in my Watched Threads, and search fails to return any hints for June 2023 in the POTD threads.

And strangely, last night I had a "badge" on the Watched tab on the forum page, but no threads appeared when I went to my "Watched Threads"... I had to assume that it was this phantom 2023 POTD thread. I tried accessing the thread (as described above) and clicked the "unwatch", then "watch this thread", but nothing helped.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Has something changed in the forum software recently?

NOTE: AFAIK, this is only happening with this thread.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Did you accidentally ignore the thread perhaps?

nope.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 7.55.11 AM.png

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
And you don't see it at the top of the normal threads section of the DP forum? It's by far the most active thread in the forum so it should pretty much always be at or near the top.

I don't think we've changed anything recently, but doesn't mean there couldn't be a bug. I'm just not immediately noticing any issues in what I'm seeing.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
And you don't see it at the top of the normal threads section of the DP forum? It's by far the most active thread in the forum so it should pretty much always be at or near the top.

I don't think we've changed anything recently, but doesn't mean there couldn't be a bug. I'm just not immediately noticing any issues in what I'm seeing.
I do not... and yeah, it is one of the most active ...

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 8.22.46 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.