Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hey, guys!

I have three small questions about the ranking on the site, the private forums you can get access to through the donations and the distributed computing teams.

1) There used to be a lit of all the ranks and how many posts were required to reach them. I tried finding it again, but it appears to have been taken down for some reason. i'd like to know how many posts are required for each rank, since I find it a fun little game to play

2) What kind of discussions happen in the private forums?

3) Are there only teams for SETI and FAH? I'm running a few different BOiNC projects, and thought I'd join the MacRumors team, but can't find any relevant info on that.

Thanks guys

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hey, guys!

I have three small questions about the ranking on the site, the private forums you can get access to through the donations and the distributed computing teams.

1) There used to be a lit of all the ranks and how many posts were required to reach them. I tried finding it again, but it appears to have been taken down for some reason. i'd like to know how many posts are required for each rank, since I find it a fun little game to play

2) What kind of discussions happen in the private forums?

3) Are there only teams for SETI and FAH? I'm running a few different BOiNC projects, and thought I'd join the MacRumors team, but can't find any relevant info on that.

Thanks guys
I believe as far as titles go, most of those are covered at https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201624413-How-do-user-titles-work-

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Reactions: I7guy

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Not to much happens in private, it's nice and quite in there.

I do think you should contribute though if this place has any value to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.