Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Re: Keep their mouths shut

Originally posted by usingmac
They have no need to engorge themselves on the hard work of Apple employees. They will make money selling songs. The want to give their followers a heads up...All they needed to do was tell them to stay tune. Or Ituned....

Steal thunder is hazardous to health..Might get an apple on the head.

What thunder? :rolleyes: Heck iTunes for Windows has hit the national news outlets. By the time Jobs's makes the formal announcement its going to be all over then net with people waiting in virtual line for iTunes. They didn't say that iTunes for Windows is going to have X features they didn't do anything wrong. This isn't another ATI and if Apple is going to be so pissy about something as minor as this they deserve to lose the music war. This is nothing.

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Re: Re: NOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by Snowy_River
As a side note, I wonder if we'll see a Linux version of iTunes with the iTMS at any point...
I've wondered that too...be nice to be able to authorize my music on all three of my machines: Mac OS X, Linux, and Win 2K Pro*. I've also wondered if the Linux port would actually be easier than the Windows one. Guess it depends how much iTMS/Mac relies on the Aqua environment. You've also got to wonder how much the "no proprietary code" Linux advocates would take to such a thing unless it, too, was completely open-source.

Still, that'd be neat...Linux support for the iPod, and Linux iTMS. :cool:

*it would also be nice to get the Linux iBook working on my AirPort network, but that's another story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.