Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floral

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Hey, sorry for bothering so much in this section of the forums, but I have one last question. I'm serious... it's my last one for now.

So, I remember there being 7 reactions to messages, the standard like (šŸ‘), the dislike (šŸ‘Ž), the heart (ā¤), laughter (šŸ¤£), astonishment (šŸ˜²), disappointment (šŸ™) and anger (šŸ˜”).

However, strangely, the dislike option has vanished. I don't remember using it much, only once or twice to tell someone that their comment was incorrect (stuff like "The iPhone 15 will have rocket jetpacks installed so you can use it as a drone!), but besides how I use it, I find it a little weird that it's gone. Any reasons why?

Reactions: millerj123

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Hey, sorry for bothering so much in this section of the forums, but I have one last question. I'm serious... it's my last one for now.

So, I remember there being 7 reactions to messages, the standard like (šŸ‘), the dislike (šŸ‘Ž), the heart (ā¤), laughter (šŸ¤£), astonishment (šŸ˜²), disappointment (šŸ™) and anger (šŸ˜”).

However, strangely, the dislike option has vanished. I don't remember using it much, only once or twice to tell someone that their comment was incorrect (stuff like "The iPhone 15 will have rocket jetpacks installed so you can use it as a drone!), but besides how I use it, I find it a little weird that it's gone. Any reasons why?

The "thumbs down" or "DISAGREE" option is sadly not available on member created articles/threads, it is only available to MR created articles.

floral

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
The "thumbs down" or "DISAGREE" option is sadly not available on member created articles/threads, it is only available to MR created articles.
Oh. So that explains why it sometimes reappears... I wonder why this is the case? Probably not due to fear of heated arguments, since the :mad: reaction would provide around the same effect

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Oh. So that explains why it sometimes reappears... I wonder why this is the case? Probably not due to fear of heated arguments, since the :mad: reaction would provide around the same effect
Agree - I think the thumbs down is much milder than the angry face thing.

My recommendations:
1) Remove the angry face, and instead allow the thumbs down on every post
2) Remove the bright red colour of the thumbs down and make it something milder/gentler.

It's as if this site wants to stir up anger and emotion in responses.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
It should be available all over MR. But my idea to cut down on the trolling is each thumbs down used on member created threads uses two out of the ten allotment.

Interesting thought but I'd still like to see the disagree limit eliminated for contributors.

Reactions: I7guy

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
When things get heated is when the ā€˜hahaā€™ reaction gets meanā€¦

Reactions: max2 and I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.