Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chapinmesa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Just a quick question... a Tibook display/hinges set pulled from a 400/500 VGA 15.2" Widescreen will fit a 667 VGA 15'2" Widescreen with a broken display right?

thanks!

baxterbrittle

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
Yes and no... The display panels are different resolutions so although they will physically fit they probably wont work. I have used panels from VGA and DVI TiBooks in ALBooks and only the DVI ones work. So my guess is it won't work in yours either. You could try it wont break anything but they are quite messy to take apart so your better off getting the right panel to start with. Besides your downgrading your screen by going with a VGA Ti screen.

Hope this helps

2ndPath

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
baxterbrittle said:
Yes and no... The display panels are different resolutions so although they will physically fit they probably wont work. I have used panels from VGA and DVI TiBooks in ALBooks and only the DVI ones work. So my guess is it won't work in yours either. You could try it wont break anything but they are quite messy to take apart so your better off getting the right panel to start with. Besides your downgrading your screen by going with a VGA Ti screen.

Hope this helps

Didn't he say that he has a 667 VGA powerbook. I think powerbooks with 667 MHz came in two different revisions. One with vga and later on one with dvi. I think also the vga version had the same resolution as the 400/500 TiBooks and the resolution was only changed, when changing to DVI. I don't know whether there are other complications to deal with.

baxterbrittle

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
2ndPath said:
Didn't he say that he has a 667 VGA powerbook. I think powerbooks with 667 MHz came in two different revisions. One with vga and later on one with dvi. I think also the vga version had the same resolution as the 400/500 TiBooks and the resolution was only changed, when changing to DVI. I don't know whether there are other complications to deal with.

Forgot there was a VGA 667. Foolish me. Then yeah should be compatible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.