Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viridian5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
Got an e-mail this morning from Tidal stating:

Starting April 10, 2024, you will now get access to our music library in full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos sound for the same price you pay today​

I’ve been using both Apple Music and Tidal for a few months and this will likely lead me to cancel Apple Music entirely. IMO Tidal is far better - it’s a shame more people don’t give it a chance.

sopidala

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2024
This new information is probably sad, because I, too, find IMO Tidal is far better

penny_whistle

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2017
USA
I’ve been using Tidal premium/hifi at about $20/month for years but figured I’d make the jump to an Apple One bundle that includes their music and save a few bucks (compared to paying for the separate apps.)

But after trying Apple Music for a couple months now, it has been stopping/freezing after the fifth song fairly regularly (I generally like to play complete albums), requires rebooting. FWIW, I’m using the current Ios.

Now that Tidal is lowering their price of the premium version, staying with it is more compelling, especially given the issues I’ve been having with Apple Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.