Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
Hello,

As the title suggests - I have the original installer disk 10.4 all the way back from 2005 when i bought Tiger. I used to work years ago, but for someone when I tried to install it on my Pismo it would not work right. Just before you install tiger, it does a disc check - 1/2 way through it failed the check, but I installed Tiger anyway. It did not work after it installed. Can someone tell me how the installer disc could have gotten corrupt ? This is my original retail installer i bought at the Apple Store in 2005.

Thanks,

bastifantasti

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2009
You own the software obviously as you have the original disk - so maybe just try to download it from the web without the guilt knowing you've already purchased it? Or search eBay to find a second hand disc, however, vintage Mac software is definitely not cheap on eBay.

Older discs become corrupt when the plastic is scratched (can be polished out) or when the foil on the surface becomes damaged (cannot be fixed).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.