Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eql

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Hi All,
my macbook (running Tiger) ran out of battery before it was able to shut itself down properly. Upon reboot (and ever since) Safari has been unable to open and there is no dock. I've tried installing firefox but it won't install, and many programs won't launch. I'm assuming something happened when the battery ran out, but I can't seem to fix it. Disk Utility won't work, AppleJack won't install,
I've restarted several times, tried to update.. everything, but nothing seems to work.
I've attached a screenshot of the finder window.. notice how it is missing all the stuff in the left hand column, the dock, and the arrows :S:(:confused:
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
*EQL*

Attachments

• Snapshot 2009-09-25 00-10-40.jpg
    Snapshot 2009-09-25 00-10-40.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 180

klee1987

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Hi All,
my macbook (running Tiger) ran out of battery before it was able to shut itself down properly. Upon reboot (and ever since) Safari has been unable to open and there is no dock. I've tried installing firefox but it won't install, and many programs won't launch. I'm assuming something happened when the battery ran out, but I can't seem to fix it. Disk Utility won't work, AppleJack won't install,
I've restarted several times, tried to update.. everything, but nothing seems to work.
I've attached a screenshot of the finder window.. notice how it is missing all the stuff in the right hand column, the dock, and the arrows :S:(:confused:
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
*EQL*

have you tried repairing permissions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.