Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
have there been new versions of tiger other than the wwdc build and that stupid update the sent to test software update for
i swear i saw screens of a new build like the one demoed but they weren't screens from wwdc is there a new one im not aware of

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
There have been very minor dev changes to the WWDC version. Mostly updates to the Software update control panel.

However, a few develiopers, mostly premiere Apple partners do have later builds. And its pretty well agreed upon that the version Steve showed was different than what was given to the WWDC crowd.

But the WWDC seed is the only legal (if you are a developer) seed available in any form to the masses.

Anarchy99 said:
have there been new versions of tiger other than the wwdc build and that stupid update the sent to test software update for
i swear i saw screens of a new build like the one demoed but they weren't screens from wwdc is there a new one im not aware of

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
seamuskrat said:
There have been very minor dev changes to the WWDC version. Mostly updates to the Software update control panel.

However, a few develiopers, mostly premiere Apple partners do have later builds. And its pretty well agreed upon that the version Steve showed was different than what was given to the WWDC crowd.

But the WWDC seed is the only legal (if you are a developer) seed available in any form to the masses.
Mac OS Rumors has information that Apple is planning a new seed of Mac OS X 10.4, but their sources haven't permitted them to release details of the new seed yet.

thePurpleGiant

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2004
wrldwzrd89 said:
Mac OS Rumors has information that Apple is planning a new seed of Mac OS X 10.4, but their sources haven't permitted them to release details of the new seed yet.

News Just in: Apple plans to update Mac OS X at some point! While our sources weren't able to confirm exactly when the new update would come out, we suspect it will be sometime within the next 12 months. The exact features are confidential at this stage, however we will let you know as soon as we can publish them.

;)

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
thePurpleGiant said:
News Just in: Apple plans to update Mac OS X at some point! While our sources weren't able to confirm exactly when the new update would come out, we suspect it will be sometime within the next 12 months. The exact features are confidential at this stage, however we will let you know as soon as we can publish them.

;)

Unreal. Shouldn't this be on the front page?
–Chase

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
thePurpleGiant said:

;)
I guess nobody likes Mac OS Rumors very much due to the fact that their accuracy is pretty poor. Your post is funny, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.