Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
in the tiger preview license it says
. Term of License. The term of this License shall commence upon your installation or use of the Apple Software and will terminate automatically without notice from Apple upon the next commercial release of the Apple Software, or March 31, 2005, whichever occurs first. Your rights under this License will also terminate automatically without notice from Apple if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License. Upon the termination of this License, you shall cease all use of the Apple Software and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Apple Software.
so doesnt that mean tiger will be released at March 31, 2005 at the latest?

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
It will be after Mac World in California. I'll purchase my first powerbook when Tiger is pre-installed and with iLife '05 and the new powerbooks have a new design and even more powerful graphics chip. That will save me almost $200 bucks. Powerbook G5 is a bonus, I don't mind having a Powerbook G4.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I feel pretty confident that we will know the release date of Tiger during the Stevenote at MacWorld SF. All we have been promised so far is that it will be the first half of 2005. That is a six month span. Looking forward to the "Tiger Party."

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Doesn't mean that it's the latest. Spoken Interface (I think) is in Tiger, but it separately runs out on June 15, 2005. One day, there will be Tiger in stores. Some day in the first half of 2005 (unless there are shipping delays... ;)).
–Chase

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
i assume they have planned on first quarter release - but for some reason steve has got wiser and didn't commit to it :) first half means first quarter and the option to have delays without a need to explain the reason.

Peter9

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2004
Anarchy99 said:
in the tiger preview license it says
. Term of License. The term of this License shall commence upon your installation or use of the Apple Software and will terminate automatically without notice from Apple upon the next commercial release of the Apple Software, or March 31, 2005, whichever occurs first. Your rights under this License will also terminate automatically without notice from Apple if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License. Upon the termination of this License, you shall cease all use of the Apple Software and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Apple Software.
so doesnt that mean tiger will be released at March 31, 2005 at the latest?

no, may 31st is simply the ending date of the first half. i can see it being released in march

jasperlee

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2004
clarification

Peter9 - assuming the fiscal year starts January 1, March 31st is actually the end of the first business quarter, not half.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.