Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Punani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Los Angeles
Just wondering if anyone noticed any possible hints during the MacWorld keynote that might indicate a date or place where Tiger's release date will be announced.

Also, is the modification of the Mac OS X page on the Apple site a sign that that Tiger's release is close? I find it odd a company would downgrade it's currently marketed product if the new product was months away...

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Well, Steve's demo of Tiger was chock full of bugs. I've never seen him have that much trouble with an OS demo. So I'm guessing there's still A LOT of work left to do. He repeted the first half 2005 deadline, so my guess is for the very end of June, around WWDC.

paulman

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2004
iBook and Tiger

I really want to buy an iBook with iLife 05 and Tiger. I'm hoping that updates for the iBook (G4 btw) will include a graphics card that isn't years out of date!

Anyway, whens this WWDC thing gonna happen and is tiger likely before. And, if it does come out on WWDC will it ship anytime before end of July?

Of course I could just get an iBook on wednesday at the 10% off evening at Regent Street (if you buy .mac for £49)! But then I'd have to fork out for Tiger!

What a load of condumdrums!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I suspect Apple is shooting for the end of March, but given some of the embarrassments Apple has suffered and the unpredictable nature of debugging an OS, they are being conservative.

paulman

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2004
Prob going to wait until then. By then I'm hoping for an updated iBook with bluetooth incl, bigger HD on 12" and of course iLife and Tiger. Then I'll buy iWork and wahey! no more microsoft!

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
BWhaler said:
I suspect Apple is shooting for the end of March, but given some of the embarrassments Apple has suffered and the unpredictable nature of debugging an OS, they are being conservative.

Good point. Why didn't they change the wording on the release date? Since they still say 1H of 2005, nothing can go wrong not matter if Tiger ships in March or later.

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
dongmin said:
Well, Steve's demo of Tiger was chock full of bugs. I've never seen him have that much trouble with an OS demo. So I'm guessing there's still A LOT of work left to do. He repeted the first half 2005 deadline, so my guess is for the very end of June, around WWDC.

i agree. the tiger demo machines at macworld were also unstable. i asked one of the apple people (they were very protective of each machine) to show me automator, and it crashed every time. the new features in mail, where it will automatically save pictures into iphoto, worked about half the time...and some of the widgets were buggy. not to say that tiger is bad - it's just still in its early stages and i don't see any release until june/july.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.