Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I never said it was or wasn't anecdotal. I simply said that after reading it it sounded credible to me.

Am I not allowed to think something sounds credible? Do I need to check with you first to tell me whether I might form an opinion or not?

You presented it as a source as a response to unobtainium, and even took the users name who posted it originally out of the quote. Anecdotal musings of other posters are not really evidence to discredit particular users statements. Which is exactly what you tried to do.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
At last someone with some actual facts to clarify this issue. Best post in this forum.

There are no "facts" in the post, @Nuvi hasn't taken the time to add in a link or to even suggest where he's got that information from.

@Nuvi could have simply plucked all this out of thin air, as far as we know. If they can provide us with some sort of link to where they've garnered this information from, then its worth considering, however requests to do this, seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
You presented it as a source as a response to unobtainium, and even took the users name who posted it originally out of the quote. Anecdotal musings of other posters are not really evidence to discredit particular users statements. Which is exactly what you tried to do.

Where do you come up with your accusations and indignations? I didn't try to discredit anyone or anything. I simply responded to a comment from Unobtanium with my reasoning.

You seem to exhibit some extreme sensitivities to simple conversation.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Where do you come up with your accusations and indignations? I didn't try to discredit anyone or anything. I simply responded to a comment from Unobtanium with my reasoning.

You seem to exhibit some extreme sensitivities to simple conversation.

It wasn't an accusation...... I was explaining why your reasoning isn't credible until @Nuvi shows us some detail as to where the points they've made have come from.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
It wasn't an accusation...... I was explaining why your reasoning isn't credible until @Nuvi shows us some detail as to where the points they've made have come from.

Well, thanks for explaining to me why my reasoning wasn't credible... to you!

It was, and remains, credible to me. Sorry if your thought manager hasn't penetrated my thick skull yet.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Well, thanks for explaining to me why my reasoning wasn't credible... to you!

It was, and remains, credible to me. Sorry if your thought manager hasn't penetrated my thick skull yet.

So I guess if @Nuvi made a post stating pigs can fly, then that would be credible evidence to you, that pigs can fly.

Ill make a note of that for future reference.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
So I guess if @Nuvi made a post stating pigs can fly, then that would be credible evidence to you, that pigs can fly.

Ill make a note of that for future reference.

No, unlike you, I don't put specific posters into buckets labeled "This one is always right" or "This one is always wrong". I read a specific post, and may or may not find agreement with the information contained therein.

I guess it must be much easier for you... you don't have to read the posts at all. The posters handle tells all.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
No, unlike you, I don't put specific posters into buckets labeled "This one is always right" or "This one is always wrong". I read a specific post, and may or may not find agreement with the information contained therein.

I guess it must be much easier for you... you don't have to read the posts at all. The posters handle tells all.

Are you sure about that, because you've tried very hard to go out of your way to argue with me and throw accusations around the last couple of days.....

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Are you sure about that, because you've tried very hard to go out of your way to argue with me and throw accusations around the last couple of days.....

My only arguments with you were over specific posts. Accusations? I think not.

I think I might have even added "thumbs up" to one or more of your posts. Maybe not, but I think I did.

You seem awfully sensitive.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
My only arguments with you were over specific posts. Accusations? I think not.

I think I might have even added "thumbs up" to one or more of your posts. Maybe not, but I think I did.

You seem awfully sensitive.

Why not discuss the topic, as opposed to making comments about my character?

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Why not discuss the topic, as opposed to making comments about my character?

I apologize for any personal observations I might have made. I admit guilt in getting a little worked up when I read something that I find myself in wild disagreement with.

I will do my best to contain any comments to the subject at hand, rather than any musings on the poster him/herself.

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
I hope that Tim Cook has a good look at the behaviour of Fiona Martin from Apple Australia in this incident.

Her creative PR move was to slander the kids to news agencies "off the record", behind their back, with no right of response. All along, the kids and their school principal were begging for access to the store's vast surveillance footage of the incident to defend against Fiona Martin's fabrications. Apple refused. Absolutely disgraceful.

First of all this happened in HighPoint shopping Center. Google "HighPoint shopping Center crime" and be amazed. I have trouble in understanding why Apple (or any company) has a store in place like this. .

Highpoint is my local Apple Store, and it is the most central of the Apple Stores in this city. The mall is the third largest shopping center in Australia in size, and the mall has over one billion dollars of revenue per year. The $300 million renovation is quite impressive, and saw Highpoint awarded the best property development of any kind of the year.

http://www.thefifthestate.com.au/pr...named-victorian-development-of-the-year/73447

Due to these problems kids are not allowed to enter with backpacks into majority of stores there. To top it all, these same kids have caused problems in this same Apple Store and items have gone missing after their visits.

This is absolutely not true.

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
This is from post #348:

These are likely due to the fabrications "off-the record" that Fiona Martin was providing to journalists. She wasn't aware at that stage that the school principal was speaking to the media and the kids/principal were trying to obtain the surveillance footage of the complete sequence of events. What's more, she hadn't spoken to the kids or the principal at this stage. Hopefully the kids get access to this, so they can prove her conduct was quite simply unacceptable.

The way she did it was so creepy too. Claiming that Apple was justified in their behaviour by making serious false accusations about these kids. She knew that these accusations would then be published without her name, or Apple's name attached.

It's a shame that the store staff are being blamed, but not a mention of this Communications Director. Asking someone to leave a store is one thing, trying to manipulate journalists to mount a race-fuelled attack on these kids is something else.

This thread is direct evidence of the damage to these kids reputation by her.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.