Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vidavril

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Hi, I have an Airport Time Capsule 3TB. I want to use it for backup of 4 Macs and as a shared hard drive. The problem is that I have no access to the ethernet wire and the WIFI I use is share with the rest of the people of my co-working space, so I don't feel like it is safe to use it. How do I connect the 4 Macs to my Time Capsule?
Thanks in advance.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If it doesn't connect via USB (as well as by ethernet or wifi), then I think you're out of luck.

Better look for a more "secure" solution -- something you can connect "by wire" to each Mac, such as an ordinary USB drive.

Significant1

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2014
You can protect the disk with passwords or accounts. I also once set one up with mac-filter activated. That was on university network, where I didn't want to create an insecure loophole. I can't seem to find that now on my own. Don't know if that is because of my initial choice for setup or it is because of airport manager has been dumped down, compared to the old 5.6.1. How to attach a Time Capsule is another matter. Never tried it, but I guess it is possible to select on initial setup.

ps. You cannot use access through USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.