Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kssmit02

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2007
oh and I forgot... imac´s for the kids... and one for the bathroom... that should fold me very well...

commmmn to geetsss you bro :D

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
kssmit, it's time you throw in the towl! It's not funny anymore, you're going to overtake me in the next 40 days! :mad: Be wise and change your name to your brothers. I don't care how fast he's folding, he's already ahead of me :D

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
U-Hell

...Looks like I'm going to have to crank it up to keep these guys at bay!

ps. I'm gunning for you 4JNA

moving next week which means unplugging and shutting down lots of computers. remote support/admin on several customer sites, so not all going down, but thought i would welcome our new Colorado folding leader in advance.... way to go chibianh! you should be in number 1 place in short order.

in the immortal words of ah-nold... i'll be back. :D

we still need to catch those silent non-fan using chaps just ahead of us. :apple:

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
moving next week which means unplugging and shutting down lots of computers. remote support/admin on several customer sites, so not all going down, but thought i would welcome our new Colorado folding leader in advance.... way to go chibianh! you should be in number 1 place in short order.

in the immortal words of ah-nold... i'll be back. :D

we still need to catch those silent non-fan using chaps just ahead of us. :apple:

I'll keep the seat warm while you are away. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I tried getting clients on my Macs but just can't get them to work. So my iMac is basically always running the F@H client for our team :) already in the top 100! Great thing is it doesn't detract from computer usage since it cuts off when I'm doing heavy work. If only I could get it working on my PowerBook :eek: it just sits there in permanent sleep mode ever since I graduated.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Look out with folding on laptops, they get pretty hot and drain the battery fast. I don't fold anymore on my PB. Why doesn't a folding app work on your other Macs? Only thing you'll have to do is download the app, install it and answer a couple of questions.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Wow--I used to think my iMac was pretty fast! 26 minutes of CPU time and it's only ~65% done with one task. Yikes!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i never could get my mac pro to work well with this, but my ps3 is doing a great job!

was in last place with 1WU, and now i'm #732 on the team, with 11 WU, and moving up!

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
a million thanks...

great job and congratulations to Powermac666 for hitting 1 million points. and moments (hours/days) away, congrats to Sparky76 and 6161 who will also hit 1 million.

on a seperate note, you're near to top of the team list and don't get to see names go flying by as you pass anymore...:) if you are into that, try;

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/individual_overtake.php?s=&u=125659

edit: hate when is 'helps' by formatting... without the formatting is; htt://folding.ex...verclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=3446"]HERE to the the MR team list, find your user name and point at it, the status bar at the bottom of the browser will show you your number.

best of luck to all and thanks for folding.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
great job and congratulations to Powermac666 for hitting 1 million points. and moments (hours/days) away, congrats to Sparky76 and 6161 who will also hit 1 million.

on a seperate note, you're near to top of the team list and don't get to see names go flying by as you pass anymore...:) if you are into that, try;

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/individual_overtake.php?s=&u=125659

for anyone else who wants to try, just replace the '125659' at the end of the url with your user number to see where you are in the complete list of active folders on the planet. if you don't know your user number, you can click HERE to the the MR team list, find your user name and point at it, the status bar at the bottom of the browser will show you your number.

best of luck to all and thanks for folding.

congrats to those who are hitting 1 million!

thanks. i tried the link, but it didn't work for me

i think we need to get more people involved though. our team will get passed soon

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
i tried the link, but it didn't work for me

i think we need to get more people involved though. our team will get passed soon

you are 313187, so try HERE. just getting ready to jump to a new page, and blow by dozens a day at the rate you are going! great job.

agree with the get more people, but i'd settle for a few more of the 2000+ who are on the team not currently folding getting back into it...:confused:

seems like lots of people tried it, but it didn't go fast enough, or a problem and they quit, or ?

you, me, them, whomever, it's all good science from where i sit. (but passing people, or trying to catch dreadnought is still fun...:)).

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
you are 313187, so try HERE. just getting ready to jump to a new page, and blow by dozens a day at the rate you are going! great job.

agree with the get more people, but i'd settle for a few more of the 2000+ who are on the team not currently folding getting back into it...:confused:

seems like lots of people tried it, but it didn't go fast enough, or a problem and they quit, or ?

you, me, them, whomever, it's all good science from where i sit. (but passing people, or trying to catch dreadnought is still fun...:)).

thanks. i figured out the link.

yeah, either get more people, or get the ones that aren't active anymore to start up again.

who is this dreadnought? and i looked at the stats, and he's not at the top?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
who is this dreadnought? and i looked at the stats, and he's not at the top?

what?!? that's like saying 'who is this Elvis guy...' :eek::confused::eek:

ok. so it was awhile ago... had to dig to find the thread. HERE.

great reading, and part of what lured me in here in the first place. then i caught him. :D now i can't seem to quit...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
what?!? that's like saying 'who is this Elvis guy...' :eek::confused::eek:

ok. so it was awhile ago... had to dig to find the thread. HERE.

great reading, and part of what lured me in here in the first place. then i caught him. :D now i can't seem to quit...

thanks for the link. that's a very long thread there though (26 pages). but what i'm confused about is that dreadnought doesn't seem to be all that great in the stats part. i mean, he's not bad. was he in first place for macrumors 2 or 3 years ago?

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
thanks for the link. that's a very long thread there though (26 pages). but what i'm confused about is that dreadnought doesn't seem to be all that great in the stats part. i mean, he's not bad. was he in first place for macrumors 2 or 3 years ago?

I don't think Dred ever went beyond position 30 or 40. It's just sort of a running joke, since his sig is something about daring people to join and try to catch him. Lots of people took him up on it and proceeded to blow by him in the standings.

So we taunt him with the irony, but he's one of the most dedicated team members and responsible for a lot of the points we currently have in addition to several of our points leaders. I reached the lofty point of number 9 and used to have a high daily average, but have since lost most of the machines myself and a friend were folding with. If not for Dred, I never would have started.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I don't think Dred ever went beyond position 30 or 40. It's just sort of a running joke, since his sig is something about daring people to join and try to catch him. Lots of people took him up on it and proceeded to blow by him in the standings.

So we taunt him with the irony, but he's one of the most dedicated team members and responsible for a lot of the points we currently have in addition to several of our points leaders. I reached the lofty point of number 9 and used to have a high daily average, but have since lost most of the machines myself and a friend were folding with. If not for Dred, I never would have started.

thanks. that makes sense and helps me understand what was going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.