Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
image.jpg

Does this new Apple device represent a large enough technological leap over my current device?

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
I'd say so. I've been using the XS for 4 years and finally decided to pull the trigger this year. Doing the math and considering depreciation I should have done it two years ago.

Reactions: Andeddu

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
I'd say so. I've been using the XS for 4 years and finally decided to pull the trigger this year. Doing the math and considering depreciation I should have done it two years ago.
I wasn’t interested in the 14 Pro up until the reveal date because people were showing pictures of the ugly pill and punch hole design which turned out to be misinformation.

The Dynamic Island feature is really neat and sets the 14 Pro apart from previous phones. I am now tempted to purchase the base 14 Pro which, if I did buy it, I would keep for at least 4 more years.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Well it's a huge technological leap, yes, but if you're leery at all you could also ask yourself if you need all of it. I daresay you could choose any currently shipping iPhone and get a device that is a big tech leap from the SE 2016, especially if you just aim higher than the SE 2022. But from the photo I'm inferring you're jazzed for the 14 pro!

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
Well it's a huge technological leap, yes, but if you're leery at all you could also ask yourself if you need all of it. I daresay you could choose any currently shipping iPhone and get a device that is a big tech leap from the SE 2016, especially if you just aim higher than the SE 2022. But from the photo I'm inferring you're jazzed for the 14 pro!
I am pretty stocked for the 14 Pro to be honest because it’s the biggest phone advancement we have seen since the X back in 2017. I use the SE’16 which is presently my daily driver but I do have a 12 Mini which I would happily trade in to help fund the cost. I was quite happy to go back to the 12 Mini next month but after watching the Apple Event I have a strong urge to upgrade.

• Love
Reactions: lkalliance

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
I am pretty stocked for the 14 Pro to be honest because it’s the biggest phone advancement we have seen since the X back in 2017. I use the SE’16 which is presently my daily driver but I do have a 12 Mini which I would happily trade in to help fund the cost. I was quite happy to go back to the 12 Mini next month but after watching the Apple Event I have a strong urge to upgrade.

One of the small joys of life to allow oneself to be excited for a big purchase. So many large outlays are for things we resent having to spend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.