Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCStevens04

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
NC
Does anyone have any timed scenes with HomeKit? I'd like my "good night" scene to do several things, one being turn on my flood lights for 5 minutes for my dogs to go out & pee. After 5 minutes I'd like them to go off. I'm using the Insteon app which doesn't seem to handle this & wondering if anyone else has a solution?

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL
Does anyone have any timed scenes with HomeKit? I'd like my "good night" scene to do several things, one being turn on my flood lights for 5 minutes for my dogs to go out & pee. After 5 minutes I'd like them to go off. I'm using the Insteon app which doesn't seem to handle this & wondering if anyone else has a solution?

You can definitely do this on a timer but I am not sure there is a way in homekit to start a clock running once you turn the light on to turn it on at a certain time. What I have done is just set a off scene to run at 11PM every night in the ConnectSense app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.