Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rarchy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Is anyone else having an issue with the timer sometimes not going off?

I use it several times in the morning, and sometimes the time just runs down but there is no alert.

I have tried to find if there is a specific set of circumstances that it does this with (ie when the screen is locked, I'm on another app, the phone is on silent etc), however it just seems to be random.

It started happening recently, sometime after I updated to iOS 13, but I am not sure which version the issue started with. I have today updated that latest release (13.2.2) but just tested and still have the issue.

Having googled, I can't see anyone else with this problem - am I really the only one?

rarchy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
I usually use it during headspace in the mornings as after 5 mins I want to change position, so headspace is running at the same time. Sometimes the screen has turned off by the time the timer runs out, and other times it is still showing (on the timer) - the problem someytimes happens with both of these so I can't pinpoint if there is a specific reason it happens

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I have never used the apple clock timer app in 4 years ... and I use timers all the time. Lots of them.
Do yourself a favor and use this app instead:

Timer+ by Minima Software

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.