Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caspian915

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
New Orleans, LA, USA
I've been looking and this doesn't appear to be an option, which is a little ridiculous. I want to set a 5 to 10 minute timer and I don't want to disturb anyone, and I want to be able to quickly reset it. Even more ridiculous, when you google this, you answer upon answer that completely ignores the OP and explains how to set up an alarm.

So is there really no way to set up the timer to vibrate?

Reactions: Autrement

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
I've been looking and this doesn't appear to be an option, which is a little ridiculous. I want to set a 5 to 10 minute timer and I don't want to disturb anyone, and I want to be able to quickly reset it. Even more ridiculous, when you google this, you answer upon answer that completely ignores the OP and explains how to set up an alarm.

So is there really no way to set up the timer to vibrate?
even though the answers given on a google search are about Alarms, the principle (or rather, the workaround) still applies if you want to do timers.

you create a silent "sound" and select that where it says "When Timer Ends". That way it'll play that sound, which is silent, and vibrate

lottaa

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2017
I tried to do this too, but can't seem to insert any sound into the timer app. Any guidelines on how you solved this exactly?
(also looking to get my timer to vibrate but not ring; and also not interested in setting an alarm)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.