Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMSOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
I am curious--does using the Timer in the iPhone consume more battery than a regular alarm?

I remember years ago someone telling me that the way timers work is different from how the alarms work. Something to do with how the timer is constantly using processor and battery.

How does this work?

Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am curious--does using the Timer in the iPhone consume more battery than a regular alarm?

I remember years ago someone telling me that the way timers work is different from how the alarms work. Something to do with how the timer is constantly using processor and battery.

How does this work?

Thanks
Given how little processing power either one of these functionalities involves, it would seem that pretty much any power usage from either one of them would be essentially negligible and the comparison would be fairly moot.

Reactions: akash.nu and AMSOS

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If you want to know what consumes the most battery every day on your phone, go to Settings > Battery. You will see what app uses the most battery for the last 24hrs and 10 days.

You sure are obsessing over your phone. Do you do this with everything?

AMSOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
If you want to know what consumes the most battery every day on your phone, go to Settings > Battery. You will see what app uses the most battery for the last 24hrs and 10 days.

You sure are obsessing over your phone. Do you do this with everything?
Ha ha. Haven't posted anything in a while. I heard from friends, got curious, and made posts.
I once ruined a Li-Ion on the classic Nokia 3310 because people told me to go 0-100 all the time (!). Since then I've figured it helps to know something of what is going on in these small computers.

Reactions: Apple_Robert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.