Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RocketFast

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Bora Bora
Hi

Are there any tips for keeping Airpods 3 staying in the ear?

Just purchased them but they keep falling out really easy, it’s very frustrating. A few minutes after sitting still, walking is difficult without adjusting them every few meters and running is no question about it.

I mostly want to use them for walks but it’s impossible unless i wear a hat that covers them.

Really need help here.
Thanks

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
It's not really an a solvable issue. Like all headphones, they all fit differently as our heads and ears are all unique. AirPods 3 fit and feel more comfortable in my ears than Gen 2, but many have differing opinions. AirPods Pro work for many folks, but never worked for me.

You could look at third-party enhancements on Amazon but those almost always need to be removed before the buds can be put back in the case.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
Hi

Are there any tips for keeping Airpods 3 staying in the ear?

Just purchased them but they keep falling out really easy, it’s very frustrating. A few minutes after sitting still, walking is difficult without adjusting them every few meters and running is no question about it.

I mostly want to use them for walks but it’s impossible unless i wear a hat that covers them.

Really need help here.
Thanks

I twist mine in my ears so the stems are pointing almost forward. FWIW

Stems down want to fall out.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
If the design of them makes it hard for them to stay in, your only choice in reality is to consider other models.

I hated how big the AP3's are. The "bulb" on them is the largest of all the AirPods

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.