Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gustavoP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
Hello!

Being a reader on Macrumors for almost 8 years, but first time posting in the forum! :)

I'm from Mexico but I'll be heading to the US (Seattle) on the 24th, Due to the exchange rate it is cheaper to buy an iPhone in the States, so I was planning to renew my iPhone 13 for a 15 Pro Max 256 GB (in Natural Titanium if possible! :p )

I wasn't lucky on the pre orders, what would be your recommendation? Do you think I can be lucky enough if I walk in to Target or the AppleStore? Important is that needs to be unlocked.

I'll be only on the 24th or on October 3rd, so my options are limited.

Thanks so much for all your responses!!

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I would use the Apple Store app to check the inventory for pick up order each morning. You will be able to see which store nearby has it in stock. Placed the order online or go into the store before it gets sold as stock may be limited. They should have some inventory each day.

Just know that retailer used a different activation policy that may lock to the network it activates on. Best route to get it from Apple or an unlocked version.

Enter the zip code of the area you’ll be staying in Seattle and you may be able to see which model and estimate pick up date.

You can also use http://iphonechecker.herokuapp.com/

Attachments

• IMG_0692.png
    IMG_0692.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Rnd-chars

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2023
I see a few iPhone 15 Pro models still available for launch day pickup in Seattle, including a Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro with 256GB at 4 stores in the Seattle area starting launch day. You can order it for pickup and they'll hold it even if you can't pick it up that day (up to two weeks I believe, but you can always try requesting an extension)

Reactions: gustavoP

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Hello!

Being a reader on Macrumors for almost 8 years, but first time posting in the forum! :)

I'm from Mexico but I'll be heading to the US (Seattle) on the 24th, Due to the exchange rate it is cheaper to buy an iPhone in the States, so I was planning to renew my iPhone 13 for a 15 Pro Max 256 GB (in Natural Titanium if possible! :p )

I wasn't lucky on the pre orders, what would be your recommendation? Do you think I can be lucky enough if I walk in to Target or the AppleStore? Important is that needs to be unlocked.

I'll be only on the 24th or on October 3rd, so my options are limited.

Thanks so much for all your responses!!
I don't believe Target sells unlocked phones, so that isn't a realistic option.

You can try an Apple store and hope they have what you want in stock.

Reactions: gustavoP

Bigskydoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Check the Costco stores in the area you will be. They sell unlocked iPhones. You have to get AppleCare Plus, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.