Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Hi, wondering the best way to get my photos uploaded/backed up to my iCloud storage. My 6S Plus has had some sort of board failure, I think, which causes it to reboot/boot loop within 10 seconds of being taken out of Low Power Mode. The error logs show an SOCHOT error (Hot SOC shutdown I assume?) each time.

Waiting for Christmas for a PB Pro Max, but in the interim I have put an automated LP mode shortcut on the 6S Plus for safety/reliability while I use it.

I was going to AirPlay the photos I have been taking the last week or so with it to my iPad via airdrop in the hope that the iPad would then auto upload them to iCloud for backup. Will that work? Put another way I’d like to have them sync to all my devices but in LPM I have no email push, control over screen auto lock or iCloud sync etc etc.
Thanks for any suggestions.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
For more than a dozen or so pictures, AirDrop is a miserable experience. It's not like you can select 20 photos at once and AirDrop them over to another device without experiencing a lot of pain. But don't take my word for it- try it yourself.

The best way I found to get over a thousand photos off an iPhone (but not all at once) is to transfer them to a Mac via Wifi using a transfer app like File Browser. Once on the Mac you can do whatever you want with them.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Thanks for that. I only have Linux or Windows so I guess it’s gonna be an airdrop. It’s only a couple weeks of pics at least I guess.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.