Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gomezkebab

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
Hey,

Any tips to manage saved 3rd party AU synths in logic? I usually save the presets that I like or modify from a 3rd party AU synth with a new name and store it in the "preset" folder in Logic.

So if I, for example, open the Dune AU synth in logic I use the internal "save as" option in the Logic control panel for that specific synth and name the preset and store it there. The presets then get stored with the extension .aupresets

I also create specific folders for type of sounds in the logic "presets" folder. So for example for Dune synth i create a folder called "Bass" in Logic "presets" folder.

Is this the most optimal way to manage and work with presets in Logic or any other tips?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Most third-party AU synths allow you to save custom presets inside their own environment, but I much prefer saving the entire patch as a User preset in the Logic Library, because then I have all my favourite custom sounds 'under one roof' irrespective of which internal or third-party AU is used.

I think it's a personal workflow preference without any objective correct or incorrect choices.

Reactions: satcomer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.