Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueberryMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I have friends in different countries who will occasionally try to contact me via a Facetime or Facetime Audio call when my country is still asleep. This means that my iPodTouch starts going crazy like an alarm from wherever it’s plugged in charging for the night.

How do I tell my iPodTouch (and iPadPro) that the only time I want to be notified about a Facetime call is when I am actually using the device? That when my iOS device is plugged in, not being used, that it should never make noise (unless I have set an alarm or timer)? In fact, in addition to only being notified when using the device, I would like to never hear that audible Facetime alert—to only have onscreen notifications.

I’d like iOS to understand that if the device’s screen is off, I am never going to be interested in rushing over and taking a Facetime call. I’m fine if the screen lights up with a notification (so, like I see it light up if I’m watching a movie on my Mac or something), but honestly I never want to hear that damn Facetime “A CALL IS COMING! A CALL IS COMING! DROP EVERYTHING BECAUSE, DEAR GOD, A CALL IS COMING!” jingle again.

BlueberryMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
From what I am seeing in the Do Not Disturb iOS control panel, it says

“When Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls and notifications will be silenced”

which sounds like exactly what I always want.

It looks like I had that set on my iPad, but not on my iPod, which is why the latter was still waking me up.

Thanks!

Reactions: jamieinoc

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
From what I am seeing in the Do Not Disturb iOS control panel, it says

“When Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls and notifications will be silenced”

which sounds like exactly what I always want.

It looks like I had that set on my iPad, but not on my iPod, which is why the latter was still waking me up.

Thanks!

Additionally, you may want to disable the option to allow a second call from coming through if the caller calls again within three minutes. The option is called Repeated Calls and is enabled by default (set to allow calls). You may also use Favourites to tweak who can call you anytime even with Do Not Disturb turned On.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.