Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
I've just stumbled (back) across this ambitious indie effort (after initially coming across it after their viral 'real time sinking' video a couple of years back). Today is of course the 107th anniversary of the ship hitting the iceberg (technically it sank tomorrow in the wee hours). Perhaps this is a slightly macabre topic for a video game (?) but I had forgotten quite how beautiful the Olympic-class ships really were, so nice to see them re-created in such pain-staking detail. They say they are meant to be re-creating everything on the ship right down to service corridors and linen stores, so I'm eager to have a virtual poke around - I quite enjoy looking around big old manor houses/ palaces so I'm hoping this will give something of a similar feel!

And yes it's meant to be available for Mac (though sounds like you might need one of the new Mac Pros to play it at decent settings/ frame rates :D)

Just unfortunate as yet there is still no firm release date :-(
http://www.titanichg.com/home

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.