Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jp700p

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Ordered mine at 2:22 PM (Eastern Time - 22 minutes after keynote ended)
Titanium 44mm with Leather Link (Baltic Blue)
Ship date: Oct. 14th to 21st

I had a Series 5 Titanium 44mm last year as well. Heres why I decided on Titanium again:

- Less noticeable scratches. Compared to my Stainless Steel Series 4, my Series 5 Titanium held up much better. No major scratches from the naked eye. With my SS Series 4, it had lots of tiny scratches on it after a few weeks. Nothing major, and I was able to buff it out with a stainless steel polish kit, but I didn't want to have to polish my watch every month or so. My Titanium after a year almost looked brand new.

- Looks stunning. I know some people say the Titanium looks like the silver aluminum, but pictures don't do it justice. You need to see it in person. Titanium has a nice silver finish that is brushed and has enough reflection to give it a luxurious look to it. Looks very upscale when compared to aluminum.

- Rare. Its cool to know that the Titanium models are more rare when compared to the other models. Apple only sells the Titanium on Apple.com and only at there flag-ship Apple Stores. They can't be bought from official 3rd party retailers either. I have only come across a couple people wearing a titanium model out in public. Everyone else I see are wearing the aluminum models followed by the stainless steel model.

Last edited:

0-0

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
Ordered the Apple Watch Edition GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Black Titanium Case with Black Leather Link. 13 Oct - 20 Oct by Standard Delivery. If you want faster delivery the older bands will speed up delivery. The new leather link bands are taking longer but I believe will be worth the wait.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Ordered the Apple Watch Edition GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Black Titanium Case with Black Leather Link. 13 Oct - 20 Oct by Standard Delivery. If you want faster delivery the older bands will speed up delivery. The new leather link bands are taking longer but I believe will be worth the wait.
Yes for me I don't like the leather link and always been using the sports loop band so I went with that route.

Reactions: 0-0

Ferdinand Stromsegler

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2020
Ordered the Apple Watch 6, 44mm Space Black Titanium Case with Black Leather Link. Est. delivery date is 20th Oct 2020. Wonder if apple use sapphire glas on the Apple Watch 6 Edition?

Elmo1938

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
Ordered mine at 2:22 PM (Eastern Time - 22 minutes after keynote ended)
Titanium 44mm with Leather Link (Baltic Blue)
Ship date: Oct. 14th to 21st

I was 4 hours later. same delivery dates

Must have something to do with sourcing the Ti watch

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Wonder if apple use sapphire glas on the Apple Watch 6 Edition?

They do.

I ordered a 44mm Space Black Titanium w/ the charcoal braided loop around 1:30 CDT. Delivery is Sept 25th-29th.

I also swear I added monthly AC+, but I don’t see it on my order. May have to buy it later.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
44mm Titanium Silver with Blue braided sport loop. USA. Got dates Oct 14-21. But Apple is known to have shipped earlier than that in the past.

Ferdinand Stromsegler

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2020
I added AC+ in my order. I did replace my Nike AW2 three times. Two with broken glas, one with a bad battery. The last one has no issues since 927 days.

derTeHa

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2020
Leipzig, Germany, Europe
Coming from a SS AW4 my credit card was ready for ceramic, but we all know what happened... ???

Decided not to go with SS again and wanted something new, ordered the 44mm Titanium Watch Edition with Inverness Green-Sportloop. Delivery on 28th of September (Germany).

Exciting. ?

Reactions: MsRandall

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Tbh the titanium seems like even a better deal now with the ~$100 difference over the top models stainless steels now since TI includes another sport band and the POWER ADAPTER. lol

Wish you could choose the sport band color. but I get why they don’t let you, the nub matches the watch.

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia
Tbh the titanium seems like even a better deal now with the ~$100 difference over the top models stainless steels now since TI includes another sport band and the POWER ADAPTER. lol
Do we get the second band this year? I know last year we did, and it was listed in What's in the Box. This year What's in the Box does not list the extra band, but it does list the power adapter.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Do we get the second band this year? I know last year we did, and it was listed in What's in the Box. This year What's in the Box does not list the extra band, but it does list the power adapter.

Yes. From the one on my cart.

Attachments

• 80F1437A-9543-447B-B44B-ED0293A2ABD8.png
    80F1437A-9543-447B-B44B-ED0293A2ABD8.png
    616.8 KB · Views: 446

bartold

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
Does the titanium is space black come with the DLC coating on it? I currently have the stainless and it has never scratched. I ordered the titanium and don’t want to get scratches on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.