Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2001
So, all you TiVo users out there give me a hand. I have a Linksys 802.11G router (please note the "G") and the Linksys USB wireless adapter connected to the TiVo.

I can't seem to get this thing to work with my wireless network. I have checked all the WEP and MAC ID settings. I even disabled SSID so that my TiVo can see the network, yet no dice.

I have read somewhere that the Linksys USB adapter (an 802.11B device) has trouble connecting to 802.11G networks.

Is there someone out there with TiVo wirelessly connecting to an 802.11G network?

Help please... THANKS!

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Can you be more specific? What messages are you getting or what exactly is/isn't happening?

I have the LinkSys 802.11b bridge accessing my Mac (for streaming music) and AirPort Extreme base station for internet. It was a little tricky at first because I didn't realize the password formatting was different.

This is totally unrelated, but in case anybody is thinking about the Home Media Option--Tivo won't play AAC files. I've had to re-rip a lot of my CDs to mp3 to make Tivo happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.