Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
It works now!
The GUI app opens fine in OSX 10.13 and now I've set the three paths as explained in your docs.

Hold on and I'll plug the actual programmer hardware via USB.....
Yes, it appears to work! The programmer hardware TL-866CS) is recognized and "Test programmer" shows OK. Unfortunately I don't have any EPROM at hand to try out at the moment, but so far all looks fine!
Thanks for your efforts in making this GUI! Much appreciated :)?

nivlekius

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2021
It works now!
The GUI app opens fine in OSX 10.13 and now I've set the three paths as explained in your docs.

Hold on and I'll plug the actual programmer hardware via USB.....
Yes, it appears to work! The programmer hardware TL-866CS) is recognized and "Test programmer" shows OK. Unfortunately I don't have any EPROM at hand to try out at the moment, but so far all looks fine!
Thanks for your efforts in making this GUI! Much appreciated :)?
Awesome! Thanks for your help in getting the correct copy out. Enjoy

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
No problem. Glad to be of help.
This'll be great to use the next time I need to burn an EPROM.

iMuhtaseb

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2018
The GUI application is great and it's been helpful so far.. but I'm struggling with writing for some reason IDK why.
I click the browse button to select the file I want to write and the app freezes and never comes back to life.. I'm used to this small freeze using the read function.. it takes sometimes to read off of a chip but it gets the job done but here it gets stuck without return.

I'm using an M1 Pro 14" MacBook Pro running macOS Ventura 13.3.

@nivlekius

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
Thanks for reporting! Unfortunately I haven't yet gotten round to trying it out myself.
Has anyone else got it working?
I'm wondering if the problem lies with the Mac GUI part or the Mac command line app.

iMuhtaseb

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2018
I think it might have to do with the firmware version of the TL866II.. cause when I click version info it says:

Supported programmers: TL866A/CS, TL866II+
Found TL866II+ 04.2.132 (0x284)
Warning: Firmware is newer than expected.
Expected 04.2.131 (0x283)
Found 04.2.132 (0x284)

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
Aha! I would take this to mean that it didn't support your programmer, so I looked up the MiniPro Gitlab page where it says:
"Compatibility with Minipro TL866CS, TL866A, and TL866II+ from Autoelectric (http://www.autoelectric.cn/en/tl866_main.html)"

So clearly your programmer is supported. Perhaps there's some small detail which needs to be fixed in order for it to recognize your newer firmware. I found some contact info for David Griffith here so you can ask him.
Does the MiniPro Mac GUI appear to work correctly with your programmer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.