Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
Got a heads-up today about a new deal at Tmo starting tomorrow. You buy a new iphone (I assume 7 or 7+) and get either the base SE for free or $400 off an SE with more memory. I don't have all the details, but supposedly this is for new or existing customers. I'll skip if it's an add-a-line thing but may bite on this one if I can just sell the SE. Seems doubtful, but who knows with Tmo. They can get pretty aggressive with their promotions.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
I saw that too, they also have a 256GB iPhone 7 for the price of a 128GB. If it's really as good as it sounds, I could buy the iPhone 7, sell the free SE once I get the rebate, then pay off the iPhone 7 and sell that.

EDIT: Saw the fine print, looks like you need to have both on EIP, which AFAIK can't be done with a single line, but it also looks like you need 1+ new line...

Eligible iPhone purchases, qualifying plan, 1+ new lines, and 24-mo. finance agreement for both devices required

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
Oh bugger. I don't need a new line. I guess this could work for somebody, just not me.

But at least the new "DIGITS" service will allow me some continuity features and still use my old reliable LG. That's the main function I wanted anyway - synced messages and calls between my phone and iMac. Of course, I assume there will be another deal when the next iphone is released...

Apple iPhone 7
Buy an iPhone 7 and an iPhone SE & get up to $400 back

For a limited time, buy one iPhone and iPhone SE at T-Mobile on EIP and get up to $400 back via a prepaid card – it’s like getting that iPhone SE for FREE. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price is due. It’s a fantastic way to gift the dads and grads in your life. All on America’s most advanced 4G LTE network. Plus, for a limited time only, save $100 on the iPhone 7 256GB – only at T-Mobile.

To redeem:
1. Purchase an eligible iPhone and iPhone SE on EIP, then go complete the rebate at https://promotions.t-mobile.com.

2. Enter the Promo Code 17Q2SEONUS along with any other requested information within 30 days of activation to get your rebate.

3. Wait 4-6 weeks to get your Prepaid MasterCard® Card for up to $400.

If you cancel wireless service, remaining device balances become due. 0% APR; O.A.C. FRP iPhone SE 32GB: $399.99. For well-qualified customers. Eligible iPhone purchases, qualifying plan, 1+ new lines, and 24-mo. finance agreement for both devices required. Full device tax due at sale. Limited-time offer; subject to change. Purchase a new iPhone SE, 6s, 6s+, 7 or 7+ and a new iPhone SE and receive a rebate of up to $400 on the lower priced SE device via Prepaid MasterCard® Card. Cards issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from MasterCard International and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Card terms and conditions apply. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed. Allow 8 weeks. Max 6 free devices/account.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Not a bad deal. Though I managed to snag an iPhone SE 32gb for $185 from AT&T and then I got it unlocked through them before they cut down on unlocking devices.

Though, if someone can wait, I would skip the iPhone 7/7+. It's a stop gap phone right now because the OLED model will probably sell really well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.