Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
So was ready to pop for a new iPhone 14 Pro today after seeing the great trade in offer from TMobile a few days ago. Was a combo of trade-in and service credits totalling $999. Well, today it dropped to $400 indicating my old phone is too valuable to qualify for the same promotion the offered 48 hours ago. Can do better going through Apple. TMobile now doesn’t even acknowledge the old deal was ever offered. Acted like I was trying to scam them.

Spent way too much time with their customer service today. Will just order through Apple. Or switch to another carrier. Heard from someone in the business that they are going to cut back on promotions going forward. Service has been fine, just between this and a huge hassle redeeming promised gift cards for signing up it appears they are not really going to be as generous as claimed.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

pixelwix

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
That promo ended on the 7th of October. Its now only for adding lines. we are no cutting back on promotions, we do this every year. when the new one comes out the promo starts for the preorder and it last usually a couple weeks after. its been like that for that past 3 years.

Reactions: seezar

pixelwix

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
If you saw a promotion after the 10/6 it would've been for adding line and trade in.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-21 172518.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-21 172518.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: seezar

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Nope, saw this offered via the TMobile app two days ago.

No matter, other carriers are offering better deals. My gain will be TMobile’s loss. So far every promotion offered since I signed up has huge “gotchas”.

Aimbriano

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
So what’s the current prom being offered, currently with Verizon been planning on switching to T-Mobile after testing their network pass. Just haven’t had a chance to get to a store. Will be adding new lines to a new account

jjp007

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
TexASS
To get the $999 trade in promo you had to be on a max plan. I immediately switched but it wouldn’t go in effect until yesterday. Talked to customer service and they told me I had to wait to trade in until new plan went into effect. So on the 22 I go to do the trade in and order the new phone and yup, only $400 credit. I got bamboozled as well. I upgraded my plan to get the $999 trade in deal and still got screwed. Leaving T Mobile along w my other line, two iPads and an Apple Watch.

so who has the best trade in deal right now?

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
To get the $999 trade in promo you had to be on a max plan. I immediately switched but it wouldn’t go in effect until yesterday. Talked to customer service and they told me I had to wait to trade in until new plan went into effect. So on the 22 I go to do the trade in and order the new phone and yup, only $400 credit. I got bamboozled as well. I upgraded my plan to get the $999 trade in deal and still got screwed. Leaving T Mobile along w my other line, two iPads and an Apple Watch.

so who has the best trade in deal right now?
Try Best Buy

Reactions: jjp007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.