Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
So I activated a qualifying mobile internet plan of at least 10GB/mo per the rules. I went to promotions.t-mobile.com per the instructions but it's asking for a promo code. I don't see one listed in the fine print and Apple customer service via chat was useless. If anyone has insight on how this works, I'd be very grateful for the info!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 2.48.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 2.48.37 PM.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 753

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
So I activated a qualifying mobile internet plan of at least 10GB/mo per the rules. I went to promotions.t-mobile.com per the instructions but it's asking for a promo code. I don't see one listed in the fine print and Apple customer service via chat was useless. If anyone has insight on how this works, I'd be very grateful for the info!
That's a good deal. Almost had me thinking twice about my Wifi only mini 6.

Reactions: NYCValkyrie

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
That's a good deal. Almost had me thinking twice about my Wifi only mini 6.

It's only a good deal if I figure out how to get it! lol. But yes, it's how I justified the cost of the cellular. I can cancel once I get the rebate, probably 1-2 bill cycles so $170 - $140 back. And then I can cancel and go back to my $10/5GB/150 day pre-paid plan.

Reactions: Yr Blues

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Found this at: (just did a google search) I’m on AT&T)
This works, it didnt even check my line activation

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019

Thanks for the code. It worked but it absolutely checked my line activation and requires you upload photos of the receipt and box.

Delta35532

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2021
Hi, not sure how it didn't even check his line activation, seems incorrect.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Guys I tried this tonight but I’m getting an error page after i log in after 5e redemption page

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
This whole process is a crapshoot. Personally it took me forever to get the document uploads and submission to go through. Had to cycle through a litany of OS / browser combinations until I could finally upload documents. Just a few days ago I checked on my status (I'd purchased an iPad mini and activated it on the appropriate $30 10GB T-Mobile plan) - DENIED!

I called the reps and they told me the promotion is only for the iPad Air 4th-gen... which... is obviously not true. Apple's website even specifically says all iPads. And I got an email from Apple after my purchase outlying the steps. T-Mobile tried to do a 3-way call with Apple to straighten everything out... but couldn't get ahold of them... then they tried to get a Rebate Expert on the line.... but they were gone for the day. Finally offered me a $200 bill credit (split over two months) in lieu of the promotion, but it sure was frustrating.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
This whole process is a crapshoot. Personally it took me forever to get the document uploads and submission to go through. Had to cycle through a litany of OS / browser combinations until I could finally upload documents. Just a few days ago I checked on my status (I'd purchased an iPad mini and activated it on the appropriate $30 10GB T-Mobile plan) - DENIED!

I called the reps and they told me the promotion is only for the iPad Air 4th-gen... which... is obviously not true. Apple's website even specifically says all iPads. And I got an email from Apple after my purchase outlying the steps. T-Mobile tried to do a 3-way call with Apple to straighten everything out... but couldn't get ahold of them... then they tried to get a Rebate Expert on the line.... but they were gone for the day. Finally offered me a $200 bill credit (split over two months) in lieu of the promotion, but it sure was frustrating.

wow. That sounds like it wasn't fun. My upload process went very smooth. No issues with Safari at all.

I did have an issue when I checked on Sunday and it was denied but it was because I put in my regular cellphone # instead of the iPad's cellphone #. So def my fault but I called TMobile and they sorted everything out for me in about 20 minutes. Got the digital visa debit yesterday and have initiated the transfer of funds to my bank account. Sorry you had issues though.

pugxiwawa

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009

They denied my original claim as well but I found using Twitter contacting TForce had much service. They looked into my account and issue was resolved within hours. Highly recommended busing Twitter for support going forward.

Reactions: UltimateSyn

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
wow. That sounds like it wasn't fun. My upload process went very smooth. No issues with Safari at all.

I did have an issue when I checked on Sunday and it was denied but it was because I put in my regular cellphone # instead of the iPad's cellphone #. So def my fault but I called TMobile and they sorted everything out for me in about 20 minutes. Got the digital visa debit yesterday and have initiated the transfer of funds to my bank account. Sorry you had issues though.
How did you get the Visa card? Via email or text? Cause my iPad Data # doesn’t receive texts

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
As someone who used to work for T-Mobile, these promos are generally very convoluted and complicated. My personal believe is that they design them that was in order to pay out as little as possible. If you are still having trouble, call them out on Twitter. They'll have your issue resolved in 5 minutes.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
How did you get the Visa card? Via email or text? Cause my iPad Data # doesn’t receive texts
I set my notification to go to my cell via text. If you log into the promo site and it says it's been processed but you haven't seen anything, hit their Twitter team for help.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
thanks all finally got the REDEEM button on the promo page/
Set up the ACH transfer to my bank.
Safe to cancel now?

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010

When you initiated ach transfer, did you cancel TMO right away, or did you wait for the $200 to land in your bank?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.