Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itomato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2001
HA HA HA HA HA HA! What a bunch of FOOLS you are! Get fncking real! 266 bus double-pumped G4 with DDR?! HA! Who do you think you're kidding? You never really thought so, did you? HA!

Get back on the ground.. If you all put the same energy you put into hopeless dreaming into learning how to program for OS X, then we'd all really be somewhere. But nooo..

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
HA HA HA HA-i'm with tomato!!!! screw you guys-i was right and you were wrong-na na na na naa naaaaaaaa.

"they will have and lcd imac"-ha!!!! i fart in your general direction.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
arse

i didnt think there woz going to be an lcd imac either, but that doesnt mean i go and brag about it like u knobheads.
i say it again
wot ****s

Thin Ice

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2001
Ignore these prats Spikey.

They post that we should be lucky with whatever we're given to that they can brag after we get let down.

They read the forums for speculation that they don't have the imagination for and then they shoot down whatever they don't agree with.

There's mainly about four of them with different names on different forums.

Most of the ideas on these forums are good. They just don't see the light of day (for many reasons).

These jokers would have you believe it's because there's a master plan and Apple (and them) can do no wrong.

Who's to say there isn't an LCD iMac and that it just wasn't ready in time.

And these morons will buy one if it comes out.

(and no, I wasn't calling for an LCD iMac).

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
"prats?"-that's a good thing right??????

i was just so excited about the price of the powermacs!!!! screw imacs, i have no use for them, but for the common household user they are great. i jsut wish everyone would think logically when they make these rumors. no one uses their brain on here. they just go by what they want and not what the world wants-take a look at the big picture.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
rimmer's arse

it annoys me when ppl post G4 imac arse just to get our hopes up and annoy every1 else. But when it is a valid and honest rumor like flatscreen imac ppl should be able to post rumors/views on it without being flamed if it dont become right, that is the point of this forum lark. to give other views is kool.
And there aint no gold medal 4 getting a prediction right so calm down tomatocrap and u monkeyshit, theres no need to get a hardon about it all.
U r right thin ice.
Its a load of arse when ppl dont understand the point of forums.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Don't laugh yet

The whole Idea was leaked way too early. The only sensible explaination for the Cube and it's demise is that it was a modular- Imac R&D experiment. I don't think it was ever intended as a real product unto itself.
See also Apple's dropping of CRT's in their display line.
At some point it will be less cost effective to keep buying 15" CRT's as it would to build ( at their own plant mind you) 15" LCD's. I used to work for a Mac- only reseller and the staff used to play a little game with the SICK number of developer's and Cupertino Apple Employees we'd see in a day: Lead them into a conversation about a given hypothetical hardware shift, then watch when and where they flinched. You could map things pretty close that way if you cross referenced you're results.

That tactic gave this summation: Apple is 3-6 YEARS ahead of production in R&D, Imacs look like they'll get the Cube guts with an interchangeable LCD mount on the front to fit any of the three displays.

Yes, Apple bought their own LCD production Site.

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
read the boards?

There's not really much to debate about this, there WILL BE an LCD iMac. The Steve himself said so. The boards even talked about it. It's just a question of when it will happen. And what's wrong with a little harmless speculation? It keeps things more interesting. I guess not all Mac fans are optimists...

itomato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2001
My post was not about the LCD iMac in particular, but about senseless, wild speculation with no basis in reality.

I mean, really - how about an educated guess? Take a look at what Apple's really doing, as a whole, and make a prediction based on that! Sure they may make an LCD iMac. Someday. To think that it would be at MWNY was foolish, IMO. The tone was a little juvenile, I admit, but with soo many people expecting it like it was a sure-thing, it was a hard thing not to do. Just a little harmless "Ha! I told you so!". Nothing major, and no real flaming intended.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
OK dude

okay, from that slant, yes. One thing folks don't seem to get is that in Apple's position as Innovative Foil, they must be conservative about both retooling costs and market alienation. The new "patterned" Imacs for example: If you take a really close look at them, they're not quite what you'd expect. They are, in fact "in mould" patterns but not in the usual sense: it appears to be a sheet of very thin polycarbonate BITMAPPED with compatible dyes and set inside the mould along the inside surface. Could this mean Tigerstripe or Logo Imacs? Perhaps a favorite Picture or interchangeable patterned shells. How 'bout one to match your desktop.

Also: If you use the Cube Guts and the Digital Uni-cable LCD's then there'd be ample space and heat available for EXPANSION.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
That is the WORST DEsign Work EVER

That pict looked like CRAP! And because I'm Steve (see other post) I know that is fake. You will see what apple has coming. Soon enough.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Give some credit.....

Yeah the design work is kinda lame, but so was the leaked design concept of the original cube that caused so much chaos just before it came out.

If You're Steve....... How bout a job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.