Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I am fed up of seeing on the news Apple is spending $1bn on a new campus’ in Texas and $10bn in bit barns or apple is re designing Apple stores and once they’re are redesigned the only difference is they have just put stupid big trees in them, I can’t tell you how angry this makes me, start putting the money in to create more innovative products, such as the iPhone,

if they can afford to waste money on all this rubbish they can afford to put a fast charger in the box, Apple should stop spending millions on redesigning Apple stores because to be honest I could get a couple of trees, place them inside an old Apple store and they would look redesigned.

I WILL have to wait another 2 years to see a redesign of the iPhone, fire Johnny Ive and get a designer who will give us a new design every year or 2, it’s getting about as rediculous as Johnny ives accent, I’m British and never heard anyone speak like that, I am so fed up of waiting and waiting for you to come up with ideas your getting boring Apple, stop spending 3 hours on how your recycling everything on your keynotes, what happened to the good old days when Steve just announced products.

The truth is Apple, you are too rich now and you care more about what to waste your money on than making your customers happy. I hope iPhone sales keep declining and I hope you learn a lesson because if you don’t you will end up like Blackberry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vkd and Breezygirl

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Would love to read your post but you need to learn how to use paragraphs.

Macrumors Rules

1. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Mac in all caps or who call the iPod touch an iTouch. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a relevant thread or specific instructions for problem solving. Set a good example yourself by searching first before starting a thread if you have a question that may already have been answered in the forums or you want to discuss a topic that may already have been discussed. The exception is articles appearing on our Front Page, Mac Blog, and iOS Blog. These entries are created by our professional staff. If you notice a spelling or grammar error in these articles, please send an e-mail to tips@macrumors.com.

Reactions: Mark Holmes

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
These types of the threads surface once in a while where it’s general, random, incessant complaining about Apple Executives, products and pricing, ect, ect, etc.

OP: If you’re that disgruntled with Apple, (which you obviously care enough), why not write them directly with your thoughts? Seems more logical, being you have plenty of concerns, including how you noted Jony Ive’s accent apparently.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Macrumors Rules

1. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Mac in all caps or who call the iPod touch an iTouch. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a relevant thread or specific instructions for problem solving. Set a good example yourself by searching first before starting a thread if you have a question that may already have been answered in the forums or you want to discuss a topic that may already have been discussed. The exception is articles appearing on our Front Page, Mac Blog, and iOS Blog. These entries are created by our professional staff. If you notice a spelling or grammar error in these articles, please send an e-mail to tips@macrumors.com.

It’s not spelling or grammar but punctuation.

They’re absolutely right as well. A block of text is utterly unreadable, hinders communication, and very much causes confusion.

Also: these types of threads are boring and overworn.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
It’s not spelling or grammar but punctuation.

They’re absolutely right as well. A block of text is utterly unreadable, hinders communication, and very much causes confusion.

Also: these types of threads are boring and overworn.
Agree.
What's ironic is the MacRumors Rules the OP pointed to is itself a wall of text that could do with some judicious spacing…

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Please get back on topic.

OP, in the future please work on trying to make your post more readable to the members. The rules do state that if the post is hard to understand members can point that out. I've taken the liberty to adding paragraphs, i.e., hitting enter a couple of times.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
The guy who wrote
I WILL have to wait another 2 years to see a redesign of the iPhone, fire Johnny Ive and get a designer who will give us a new design every year or 2.

is the same guy who wrote "I wish the iPhone Xs had the iPhone 7’s design," in which he said,

ThatiPhoneKid said:
I love my iPhone Xs max, it’s beautiful but I would love to see Apple have create another aluminium backed iPhone like the 7 Plus

...after saying...
ThatiPhoneKid said:
Mine was the iPhone 4/4s I loved the stainless steel band and the gorgeous white glass front and back.

...in another thread.

Last edited:

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I know this will get shut down and ridiculed by the Apple faithful here, but the OP is not wrong. he makes some valid points....
Hm. I'd rather see them bring back moderately affordable solutions. I don't expect my technology to excite me, I expect it to enable me to get my work done.

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Hm. I'd rather see them bring back moderately affordable solutions. I don't expect my technology to excite me, I expect it to enable me to get my work done.

Why not both? productivity and a little excitement to boot..... I don't think moderately affordable will ever be Apple's thing so as far as we are paying exorbitant prices we should expect to get some excitement and innovation. Otherwise we have to question whether that extra money we are paying for their products is going to the executives pockets, updated stores and new campuses instead of R&D..... which is kind of the OP's point.

Reactions: Breezygirl

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
It seems that those who more closely associate a brand with their identity (e.g. ThatiPhoneKid) are always the ones to blindly defend that brand until some final straw is reached at which point they act like spurned lovers.

Seriously, this thread's title could be paraphrased and directed at somebody who has disappointed their spouse. ("To Dave, you're boring, and I'm mad. Remember when we used to go dancing?")

Apple is far from perfect, but that's nothing new. The novelty here is that now, for whatever reason, the OP had their illusions shattered. Now they're calling for the firing of the same person who designed their favorite iPhone, contradicting themselves over a perceived lack of "innovation" (as @tobefirst pointed out), and getting angry over trees:

apple is re designing Apple stores and once they’re are redesigned the only difference is they have just put stupid big trees in them, I can’t tell you how angry this makes me
I too am struggling to think of a way you could be so angered by trees, and I'm AngerDanger.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Why not both? productivity and a little excitement to boot..... I don't think moderately affordable will ever be Apple's thing so as far as we are paying exorbitant prices we should expect to get some excitement and innovation. Otherwise we have to question whether that extra money we are paying for their products is going to the executives pockets, updated stores and new campuses instead of R&D..... which is kind of the OP's point.
Dunno. I'm just not going to rage over either one.

Reactions: bigjnyc

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I have to say, like the OP, I am ready for an Apple with a new, post-Ive, design sensibility and influence.

I think we've run our course on this era and what Ive likes to do and the tradeoffs he favors.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
They say familiarity breeds contempt, so there could be a little of that in there for long time Apple gear users (and I have my own list of desired improvements in hardware and software).

But, I imagine a lot of long time Apple customers are like me, still more enamored of its stuff than desirous of leaving the fold, signing up for whole new learning curves and then eventually finding out the grass is not all that green anywhere else either.

I'm stickin', even as my list of Apple stuff needs fixin' might be growin'. :)

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
They say familiarity breeds contempt, so there could be a little of that in there for long time Apple gear users (and I have my own list of desired improvements in hardware and software).

But, I imagine a lot of long time Apple customers are like me, still more enamored of its stuff than desirous of leaving the fold, signing up for whole new learning curves and then eventually finding out the grass is not all that green anywhere else either.

I'm stickin', even as my list of Apple stuff needs fixin' might be growin'. :)

Can I add a Me too to this? You say it so much better than I would...

------

I've used Windows since I was a child until I got my first MBP gifted to me in 2009 by a nice friend. 2011 was my first MBA and I went full Apple in 2015. I still work in Windows every day for my job (C# programmer).

I love Apple. I really like the hardware quality and the OS - it stays out of my way. My work got me an XPS 15 to use during black Friday this year and … yeah, that basically cemented my choice of Mac OS as my personal computing environment. Apple has a customer here for many many more years.

The complaining against Apple and "I'm mad you're not entertaining me" threads are so old and tiring it hurts. But they get a lot of responses and popularity. I wonder if this is why they're so popular.

Computers/phones are tools I use to enrich my life. They are not the enrichment... sites like Macrumors, Arstechnica, YouTube, iTunes (Video and Music) and other sites I will not name for PRSI --- entertain me. These tools enable me to communicate with my wife, my family. These tools allow me to record my life in a journal (Day One) and record exceptional photographs of my day (80,000+ photos/videos).

To look to the tool for entertainment strikes me as something wrong. Yeah, it's fun but not the end goal.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am fed up of seeing on the news Apple is spending $1bn on a new campus’ in Texas and $10bn in bit barns or apple is re designing Apple stores and once they’re are redesigned the only difference is they have just put stupid big trees in them, I can’t tell you how angry this makes me, start putting the money in to create more innovative products, such as the iPhone,

if they can afford to waste money on all this rubbish they can afford to put a fast charger in the box, Apple should stop spending millions on redesigning Apple stores because to be honest I could get a couple of trees, place them inside an old Apple store and they would look redesigned.

I WILL have to wait another 2 years to see a redesign of the iPhone, fire Johnny Ive and get a designer who will give us a new design every year or 2, it’s getting about as rediculous as Johnny ives accent, I’m British and never heard anyone speak like that, I am so fed up of waiting and waiting for you to come up with ideas your getting boring Apple, stop spending 3 hours on how your recycling everything on your keynotes, what happened to the good old days when Steve just announced products.

The truth is Apple, you are too rich now and you care more about what to waste your money on than making your customers happy. I hope iPhone sales keep declining and I hope you learn a lesson because if you don’t you will end up like Blackberry.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ng-to-hate-apple-for-whatever-reason.1804478/

dasmb

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
It might be considered ironic -- by some -- to fall in love with a company known for its holistic approach to ecosystems and then get mad it for approaching ecosystems holistically.

It might also be considered ironic for somebody who claims a love for a company obsessed with good design to think that placing trees outside of a store is a replacement for design, simply because that design includes trees.

And it would certainly be ironic for a company obsessed with eliminating wires from the mobile experience entirely to invest in upgrading its wired charger.

What you may need to do, iPhoneKid, is to consider whether what you really want is not holistic, optimized design, but rather novelty and value. If so, there's very good news. There are a lot of novel products out there, many of which are of particularly high value. In the smartphone space, just about any Huawei device should impress you very much. They're new and different and you get a lot of features for your money.

Last edited:

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN

So.... your argument is that Apple trying to build buildings to have more employees so they can do more is wasting money because at some point they started adding trees to stores?

I guess I'm not following. I don't see how making fun of a Knighted designers accent brings the point home.

Theres only so many people out there with the specific set of skills needed for the kid of work that's being done. Apple is building new buildings so they can hire bigger teams and do more.

In regards to your apparent hatred of trees (I don't see how the trees are stopping innovation of product lines but whatever) all of the stores go through refreshes at some point. Before becoming a professional post college I worked at the Apple Store and most of the stores I worked at (and opened) have had refreshes. In addition to the store refreshes since the ~10 years since I left Apple has released many new innovative products.

So what exactly are you upset about, is it the trees, is it Johnnys accent, is it Apple hiring more people? You said something about waiting another 2 years for another redesigned iPhone but the iPhone has been fairly refreshed on design about every 2 years.

If you want Apple to innovate more, they need more people, hence more buildings. I don't think Johnnys accent has anything to do with his pace of innovation but I'm happy to review the work of someone without Johnnys accent to see if their work is either faster or higher quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.