Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikolay_valkov

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Burgas
I mean, I'm very excited about iOS 13, but I think Apple will rely on very many small things and we will not get this update we waiting... i think that Apple is very lagging behind in innovation and in what it was the number one year ago, I do not really like it and I want Apple be a number one again. what need to change Apple to be the number one again?

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Why are you so concerned with Apple being number one by your metrics?

nouveau_redneck

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
Years ago when I was dreaming about the iPhones was because they were innovative ... Last time Apple was pretty "lame" to innovations.

I value many things over innovation, such as utility, function, privacy and security. Innovation in itself is not necessarily improvement.

I think iOS succeeds because they have taken an iterative approach fixing and improving and continuously refining. That said, they definitely are due some updates in certain areas, and if the tech reporting community is right, iOS 13 should include many feature enhancements. Time will tell. I'd personally like to see lots of enhancements to Notes on iOS.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I think there are people who would be never satisfied. There were many, many new things in IOS 12 (don't ask search if you want) but some people said nothing new.
Hate to say it folks but everything reaches a state where things don't seem new. Some only care about looks - I care what happens when I select and app and not what the icon looks like or where it sits on a screen. Sorry some would never be happy.
There will be tons of messages when 13 comes out about how disappointed many are (only slightly fewer than the ones about ruining phone, slow, bad battery life)

Reactions: Puonti

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I mean, I'm very excited about iOS 13, but I think Apple will rely on very many small things and we will not get this update we waiting... i think that Apple is very lagging behind in innovation and in what it was the number one year ago, I do not really like it and I want Apple be a number one again. what need to change Apple to be the number one again?

Apple is number one now! If you don't like what they do, go buy elsewhere.
[doublepost=1556572171][/doublepost]
Years ago when I was dreaming about the iPhones was because they were innovative ... Last time Apple was pretty "lame" to innovations.

What does that even mean? What "innovation" do you want?

Dreaming about iPhones is not healthy. You might want to talk to someone about that.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA

Apple is already number one.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
Apple is still innovative. I feel like people don’t know what that word means...

iOS 13 is rumored to be a big update in regards to productivity. Other than that, no one knows. Just keep your expectations low then.

Reactions: smirking and s15119

Sciomar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
I think most of the people clamoring for "innovation" are the ones who have an update addiction, if there are enough things constantly changing they just won't be happy. Please seek help.

Yes there are things I'd like to see done differently in iOS, but those are changes that are probably only desired by a few. Apple tries to develop for the masses, not the few. Apple is very innovative, their ecosystem is one of the best on the market where everything just works. Some people will have a few problems, because at the end of the day these pieces of tech are still designed by or under human supervision and we're inherently flawed.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Apple is still innovative. I feel like people don’t know what that word means...

To most people innovation means something that looks cool to them. If something that Apple is doing in their HealthKit endeavors ends up changing the way medical information is shared and stored, it would probably be the most innovative thing they've done since the release of the iPhone, but the MacRumors crowd will lose their minds and flip over tables because someone else released the first folding phone. We don't always understand innovation when we meet it. Indeed, if something is so innovative that it's a paradigm shift in how we function, there's a real good chance that it gets widely panned as being ridiculous.

Last edited:

DukeSilver79

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
There is a list of features and improvements I would love to see with current OS before I would care about new flashy features.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I would most like a split view
Consider to yourself whether this is really innovation. Other manufacturers already do this, TV's used to offer Picture in Picture, and it has not moved the needle. Of the people I know who have Android phones, none of them use split view on any regular basis. I don't even suspect the iPad gets a lot of use of split view for the vast majority of users.

What you want is features, not innovation. Thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Reactions: Phogro

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
I think it's well known by pretty much everybody that Apple decided to hold new 'big' features in iOS 12 to polish the system and focus on stability and security improvement. Fixing what iOS 11 never was. iOS 12 was supposed to be a big change to come along with the new-gen iPhone X, but considering that iOS 11 wasn't that stable and reliable, they decided to hold big innovations until the 13.

I personally wouldn't mind if Apple decided to adopt this dev schedule... one version to innovation, the next to stability, the next to innovation again, and so on... Much like iPhone "S" models being just spec-update models.

So... we can't exactly say Apple isn't innovating based on the lack of "eye-candy" features on iOS 12. We have to put things in context.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.