Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
CA
1.25 Ghz, 512 MB Ram, not sure about the hd space... I know about this because I work in the computer department at school. Is this a good price to get the iMacs at? And I know they'll be selling Apple Studio Displays too, man, I'm glad I can get these things being a student at my school!

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
MUCKYFINGERS said:
1.25 Ghz, 512 MB Ram, not sure about the hd space... I know about this because I work in the computer department at school. Is this a good price to get the iMacs at? And I know they'll be selling Apple Studio Displays too, man, I'm glad I can get these things being a student at my school!

:eek:

I would recommend you to get as many iMac as you can afford then sell them for 800 hundred on eBay :D

I think that my eMac costs around 400 $ here...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
an iMac or another pair of shoes...

I'd go for the iMac!!! :eek: Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd rather get an 'older' computer over a pair of gorgeous shoes.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
!! I would get SEVERAL!

...and XGrid them together to make one iMac of DOOM!

or keep one and sell the rest on eBay. :)

Do they come with packaging?

/I'm such a box sniffer. :eek:

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Buy as many as possible then turn around and sell them for a 100% profit. And keep a few for yourself...:D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
oh lordy buy as many as you can afford. then flog them on eBay and make a killing! but thats already been said.

*sigh* this reminds me of when my college were selling off some old Macs. not even sure what they were. so old. and gray. going for just £20 each :( alas the tutors had first pick and they all went.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
id take one for $400!!! just buy the lot at 350 then sell them on e-bay yourself. i work at a university computer dept and i know we cant e-bay items. we can either sell them to students/eployees or donate them to other non-profit organizations. so im guessing its the same for your school. otherwise id say your school should e-bay them all and give you one at the good price! but since they probably cant do that, then you should buy as many as you can and then rake in the profts of e-baying the rest! but id go for the iMac just to have a mac sitting around to play with, especially for that price!! like set it up as a music server or file server (for personal use only of course!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.