Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
With the announcement of Mojave all of our Macs in our office will no longer be able to develop with the latest Xcode.

Although we don't necessarily use all the new features and can develop with the current (soon to be older) version of Xcode, I still want to upgrade or computers or at least one for now that will support Mojave.

There are budget issues so I want to make the best possible decision.

I have

2 21" iMacs Mid 2011
2 Mac Minis Mid 2011
1 27" iMac Late 2009

I know they're old, but im trying to maybe get some more life out of them by putting SSDs on there (rams are maxed out already) and use them as PCs via Boot Camp for non development and regular business processing work.

What do you guys think?

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
If you're dealing through Apple store, you'll need at least one Mojave to compile so as to meet store requirements. I'd buy on, and see how little more I can get away with. Especially now that everything is supposed to be getting an "update" soon.
It's a good time to wait to the greatest extent possible. Maybe try porting some of your apps over to Linux or Windows, even, God Forbid, Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.