Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panicof1907

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2020
So far I've fixed all the issues I had with MacMail and a couple of accounts. However, there is still one left that is a tough nut to crack.

I have an older Apple ID that I've been using in MacMail. It's so old, it still has the @me.com

It was working fine in MacMail until a couple of years ago or so. I can get into my account, but no new mail ever populates in MacMail.

As a test, when I manually try to log into icloud.com through a web browser, I can get inside that @me.com account with no issue, and access all the mail there, which even shows me the up-to-date messages waiting in there.

But in MacMail, that account only shows old emails from 2 years ago, and the circle with the ~ symbol inside. No matter how many times I tap on that circle, it refuses to fetch mail or update or connect.

I tried the connectivity doctor tool, and it showed a red dot for that account, and a message stating to check the account/password.

Alright, so here's the next issue then... on my Mac I went to the Internet Accounts menu, and when I clicked on the @me.com account, I see the top says:

Enter your password to continue using iCloud.

I follow orders, but every time it accepts my password, nothing changes, or updates. In fact, the same old message "Enter your password to continue using iCloud." remains at the top. Is that normal?

I know I'm using the right password, because when I purposely mis-type it, then it gives me an error with the password. LOL

Any guesses as to the next step I should try from here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.