Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I also had multiples issues checking out with my Apple Card for my Apple upgrade program. I had to use another card to check out. Just received new citizens loan number. Logged to my current account and added new account successfully. I went ahead and changed payment method to my Apple Card. All set.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
to get the 3% back you need to make the purchase with Apple Card which nobody was able too. thats the frustration

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
Is this isolated to using the Apple Card as the payment method for IUP?

Only asking because I skipped doing the IUP this time and just went with the 0% installment plan with the Apple Card with the 3% daily cash back and had no issues completing the preorder.

Reactions: laffnvegas

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
to get the 3% back you need to make the purchase with Apple Card which nobody was able too. thats the frustration

Ok so today I missed out on $6-$7 worth of cash back. Last year when I pre ordered 12PM I did not have an Apple Card. I got it after I received the phone. I then went into my citizens account and switched payment method to Apple Card. Been getting the 3% every month on each payment. Yes today was frustrating but my payment today was $202.49 shipped which included 12th payment/first month of new phone/tax. That’s it. So I missed out on $6.06. Ok next week I’ll skip Starbucks one day during the week.

Last edited:

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
I wonder if it was just an IUP problem. No problem checking out with my AC with a paid in full order.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I wonder if it was just an IUP problem. No problem checking out with my AC with a paid in full order.

I believe so. Yes it was a frustrating morning but for what? To save $6-$8 dollars depending your state tax rate. I already got new citizen loan number and switched payment to Apple card. I think people are confused. They believe if you don’t initiate order with Apple card you will miss entire 3%. Not true. You missed only initial charge from today.

BenjaminPaul

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2019
At this rate, it's a matter of principle for me. I could use another card, but I missed the release date delivery already so now (AFTER 3 1/2 HOURS) either my upgrade pre-order goes through with my Apple Card or I'll chance it on release date in-store.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
So, to all you Apple Card holders...

Not to throw gas on the fire here, but has today's trouble been with the $4.50 you would have saved on your IUP or first payment?

Has it even been with $40 over 2 years that you would save?

Anyone cancelling the card over this?

As a CC junky that has hit the elusive 850 score at least once(while holding tons of travel CCs with tons of spend), this card never appealed to me. Its benefits are just to inferior to other cards, and today it proved itself to be an amateur operation.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
So, to all you Apple Card holders...

Not to throw gas on the fire here, but has today's trouble been with the $4.50 you would have saved on your IUP or first payment?

Has it even been with $40 over 2 years that you would save?

Anyone cancelling the card over this?

As a CC junky that has hit the elusive 850 score at least once(while holding tons of travel CCs with tons of spend), this card never appealed to me. Its benefits are just to inferior to other cards, and today it proved itself to be an amateur operation.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. All to save $6-$8.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
OP I agree with you. Its 6-8$. But you are forgetting that is a big deal to a lot of people.

Also, yeah people here will figure out to change the card in citizens. But 99.9999% of people who upgraded to the 13 pro using the Apple Card are not in this forum. They wont know to change the card later after creating the account for the loan.

Just remember to think about those that arent in this forum, which is a great majority of iPhone users.

We appreciate your post though and im sure you helped many in here who had no idea about editing the card on the loan.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
OP I agree with you. Its 6-8$. But you are forgetting that is a big deal to a lot of people.

Also, yeah people here will figure out to change the card in citizens. But 99.9999% of people who upgraded to the 13 pro using the Apple Card are not in this forum. They wont know to change the card later after creating the account for the loan.

Just remember to think about those that arent in this forum, which is a great majority of iPhone users.

We appreciate your post though and im sure you helped many in here who had no idea about editing the card on the loan.

Incredible how many people cancelled original orders or refused to grab another credit card all to save $6-$8. Now they either in the October shipping dates or no phone available for first day pick up. When I realized and read Apple Card issues I grabbed another credit card. By then shipping dates for 13MP/blue/256gb had slipped to October. Same day pick up was still available but at later time in the afternoon. I live 15 mins away from my Apple store but I wanted to have it shipped since my wife on maternity leave with new baby for the next 3 months. She will be home to receive packages. Anyways as I was about to check out the original pick up time of 12 pm had already slipped to 1:45 pm. I knew I had to submit this order quick then. So I did. I’ll just go get it myself. Regardless I’ll open it and do everything until 6-7 pm when I’m able to. At least im lucky to live in city that I have access to 4 Apple stores within easy access.

Reactions: AndrewR23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.