Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mountaineer304

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Morgantown Dub VEE
Hey everyone what's up? So yeah pretty much a straight forward question.. I've grown accustomed to upgrading my Apple device every year, for quite sometime it almost feels foreign having to ask this question... But I want some serious everyday hard-core user input... So of course last year when the Xs Max dropped the wife and I naturally went out and got our Max's in our desired color schemes... I'm just wondering if it's worth the upgrade to go to the iPhone 11 Pro Max? I've looked at the spec sheets and the professional reviews but that stuff don't me diddly sh*t to me... I'm looking for some actual consumers opinions.. We're both on the iPhone forever lease were we can upgrade yearly... So all I'd need to do was trade my Mint condition Xs Max in which will be paid off completely in 7 more months... So what do you all think?? Is it worth the camera upgrade,the slight screen brightness increase and the supposed battery life..?? Or should I just wait for 2020?? Input??

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Hey everyone what's up? So yeah pretty much a straight forward question.. I've grown accustomed to upgrading my Apple device every year, for quite sometime it almost feels foreign having to ask this question... But I want some serious everyday hard-core user input... So of course last year when the Xs Max dropped the wife and I naturally went out and got our Max's in our desired color schemes... I'm just wondering if it's worth the upgrade to go to the iPhone 11 Pro Max? I've looked at the spec sheets and the professional reviews but that stuff don't me diddly sh*t to me... I'm looking for some actual consumers opinions.. We're both on the iPhone forever lease were we can upgrade yearly... So all I'd need to do was trade my Mint condition Xs Max in which will be paid off completely in 7 more months... So what do you all think?? Is it worth the camera upgrade,the slight screen brightness increase and the supposed battery life..?? Or should I just wait for 2020?? Input??

How’s your battery? Feel like you could use 5 hours more time per charge?

Yeah.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010

Did you upgrade to the iPhone 7 back when that was released? What did you use to justify, rinse/repeat.

Mountaineer304

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Morgantown Dub VEE
How’s your battery? Feel like you could use 5 hours more time per charge?

Yeah.
My battery life health is still at 100%.. I get about 11 hours or so per day with moderate to heavy usage... I really want to get the 11 pro max, I also wanna sell my Apple Watch Series 4 and get a 5... Lol
[doublepost=1568606531][/doublepost]
Did you upgrade to the iPhone 7 back when that was released? What did you use to justify, rinse/repeat.

I did indeed upgrade to the 7 plus from the 6s plus, the cameras, water resistances and better battery were a main seller on it

Reactions: Surf Monkey

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I am upgrading from and Iphone X (Carrier upgrade) to the Iphone 11 pro I am thinking on getting the max for the larger screen but will probably endup with the smaller 11 pro as its easier to handle size wise.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Just to add my 2 cents worth....

In recent years, I have had the following:

iPhone 6
iPhone 7
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone XS (current phone)

Initially, after the Keynote, I put in my pre-order for the iPhone 11 Pro. I compared the prices and realised I didn't want to pay more per month on the iPhone Upgrade Program than what am currently paying (£54) so cancelled this.

Then, I pre-order the standard iPhone 11 but upon further research, I realised that the XS is actually better specced (it has a better screen, higher pixel count, better build quality and a few other things which are better) so I've decided to stick with the XS until next year.

The XS vs iPhone 11 Pro, really is not that different either, other than the camera (which I hardly use anyway) + add to the fact that with the imminent release of iOS 13, the XS will feel like a new handset anyway!

They can keep their iPhones 11 this year.....!!!

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I have upgraded every year since iPhone 4. Not going to upgrade from XS this year. New features mean nothing to me. Cameras are a none issue for me and I’m not a heavy user so battery life of current phone is more than sufficient. XS processor is super fast and display brightness is excellent. Not upgrading from watch S4 to S5 either. I just don’t get as excited about new releases as I used to.

Reactions: Dino F
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.