Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey guys,
Got a quick question here. Also, not implying I'm having issues here , either: just curious about the behavior in the thread topic since it's the first time I've seen it.

With that out of the way, here is the question. I purchased toast pro 19 for a nice discount today. Everything works as expected, I did a test burn when backing up the toast downloads and serial number file to a DVD. What I noticed that was strange is:
Under settings in video: the Flash video format is greyed out and is set to F4V. Since flash is now discontinued, I figured that's why and there is no need for it. Even if flash was still active, I have no need for it personally. My reason for having a copy of toast around is for Blu-ray Video support. I also own a copy of Toast 17, and 11 both have the option mentioned enabled, however both are installed in Virtual Machines with older versions of the Mac OS. Toast 11 is in a snow leopard VM, and toast 17 is in a Catalina VM.
For reference: here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
In older versions, what's greyed out in this picture is active with two options: F4V, and FLV. The picture is showing Toast version 19.4 running on Big Sur 11.3.1 late 2015 iMac, 27 inch 32 GB RAM, and 2TB Fusion drive.

Also, FYI: I posted this in Roxio's own forums, but thought I would also post here. If anyone can shed some light on this, would appreciate it.
As mentioned though, it's not an issue, just curious as to why it's greyed in the latest version of Toast and macos.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.14.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.14.45 PM.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 132
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.