Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Just got Toast, and tested it out! burnt a 1:03 clip to DVD, it took 8:50 from start to finish! :rolleyes:

Was wondering if I were to upgrade my iMac to 2GB what kinda speed will the same 1min clip take??

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
mauly said:
Just got Toast, and tested it out! burnt a 1:03 clip to DVD, it took 8:50 from start to finish! :rolleyes:

Was wondering if I were to upgrade my iMac to 2GB what kinda speed will the same 1min clip take??

Get a faster DVD burner, adding more RAM wont increase the speed of your DVD burner which is what was essentially slowing you down.

Now if that was Render time + burn time then possibly adding more RAM could make a slight difference, but a faster processor would make the biggest difference in render time.

Ed

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
The other thing that could make it faster would be to re-flash the dvd drive to make the compressing/ripping speeds faster...

If you don't want to mess around with doing that, then I would just buy a 16X DVD DL drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.