Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsoftbhard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Since I use iCal todos extensively, I wrote a little Applescript application to put the iCal todos (by calendar) into an IMAP mailbox using Apple Mail. I don't yet have my iPhone, but this should work. It allows you to add todos from the iPhone, by copying a draft mail to the "todos" folder. And it updates the todos folder with all the modifications to iCal todos every time it is run.

I guess this is a bare bones version of what Leopard promises. Very limited, but sufficient to know what you have to do - to mark them completed - to add new ones on the fly. Modifications of an existing todo from iPhone are not supported (it won't be synced back to iCal) - if there's enough interest, I might improve it a little - but hopefully Leopard will make that unnecessary.

Give it a try if you want, it is free. But only if you have an IMAP account configured on both your Apple Mail and your iPhone.

http://homepage.mac.com/bharley/BenAppleScripts/FileSharing19.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.