Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I have an odd situation. I just purchased a new iMac. It came with a magic mouse and keyboard. I also have a 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9inch. I have a Magic Mouse for the iPad also. The new mouse is of course connected to the iMac. When I connect the other mouse to the iPad (it has been connected before for about 2 years already) the iMac picks it up and disconnects it from the iPad and connects it to itself. The iMac shows both mouses connected to it. Is there a way to keep the mouses connected seperately to their respective devices? Can I use one mouse to connect to both and easily switch back and forth?

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I have an odd situation. I just purchased a new iMac. It came with a magic mouse and keyboard. I also have a 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9inch. I have a Magic Mouse for the iPad also. The new mouse is of course connected to the iMac. When I connect the other mouse to the iPad (it has been connected before for about 2 years already) the iMac picks it up and disconnects it from the iPad and connects it to itself. The iMac shows both mouses connected to it. Is there a way to keep the mouses connected seperately to their respective devices? Can I use one mouse to connect to both and easily switch back and forth?

Sure. but not with the Apple Magic Mouse. Apple doesn't respect its users that high.
Logitech M720 is an example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.